DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Help with rear leaf mounts

Old 07-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #21
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
hmm. I'll check it out when I go back in on monday. right now the centering pin on the leafs is plumb with where the stock bump stop was (I cut it off) when the leafs are like they are in the pic. so they will move back 1-2 inches? I can put my new bumps back a bit from stock. I got a measurement to the center of the wheelwell and I'm pretty close. I guess I'll cycle it soon with just one leaf and see how it is. I'll keep you posted.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #22
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Don't forget to set your pinion angle the right degree too.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So... What would that be? I've had a couple people tell me some different things, but what do you recommend?
Old 07-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #24
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2-3 Degree's below inline with drive shaft.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #25
AWESOME MEMBER

Cool. I think mine is tacked at about that, at ride height. I'll do a final measurement when I'm putting it together and weld it fully then. thanks for the info.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #26
Professionull

Let's see the final product there chief.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #27
AWESOME MEMBER

K I'll get some pics soon. Turns out one of my mounts is crooked so I have to fix that first. The frame is all painted so stuff can start going on permanently. Also the U-bolts I got with my giant kit are for a tacoma (duh) and don't fit on the tundra axle. Derp so I have to get some new ones.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #28
Professionull

Funny enough after going through my u-bolts, I reverted back to stock since they were super long. They worked like a charm except when I bent them.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #29
AWESOME MEMBER

My stock ones are square though, from spring over. Also I may have cut one to get them off.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #30
Professionull

Ooops for some reason I thought you had a 5-lug, my mistake.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:01 AM   #31
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
If it bumps in the factory location you did something wrong. At bump the axle swings backwards so the stops need to be moved back about an inch or two. This also explains the reason why you mount the limit straps on the back of the axle to the rear of the frame at droop, to slow its forward movement.
No....it should still bump in the stock location, if it didn't you would have to modify the driveshaft length.

Take leafs apart, use main leaf and put it at full bump with the front hangers attached
Center the leafs on the bumpstop, tack weld the front hangers in place
Measure from the front hanger bolt to 52.5'' back and mount top shackle mount.
Cycle everything with driveshaft attached, make sure it all works then weld it up!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #32
AWESOME MEMBER

Everything is all welded all ready. Only the spring perches are tacked in case I need to change the angle.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #33
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post
Everything is all welded all ready. Only the spring perches are tacked in case I need to change the angle.
well I hope you didn't push the bump back like he said
Old 07-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #34
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC yota View Post
well I hope you didn't push the bump back like he said
Leaf spring ditcher Im guessing your linking yours?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #35

TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Leaf spring ditcher Im guessing your linking yours?
After snapping two packs completely off the truck, I don't have a choice, haha
Old 07-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #36
Professionull

My stock bumps would always hit on the rear edge never the center. That's why I had that spacer welded to the bump to move it backwards so it would hit square.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #37
AWESOME MEMBER

I'm gonna finish my front setup first, because I'm closer on that, then I have to rebuild my brakes in the rear, and I'm waiting on U-bolts. But the leafs are in and I have all my parts so hopefully I'll have it set up soon.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #38
Professionull

If you went off the measurements I gave you from the frame cut out to the front bolt I assure you that it will work perfect. Did an F67 pack install on another members truck a few weeks back and he has since then been out to the desert twice.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #39
AWESOME MEMBER

Sure did. 29.5" from the front of the cutout to the center of the bolt of the front hanger, and then magic 52.5".
Old 08-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #40
nhurt is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: N8
nhurt's Tacoma Gallery
battlescars did my F67 install as mentioned above, came out great heed his advice, he knows whats up for this install.