DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Fiberglass fender mud blocks?

Old 07-21-2012, 09:59 AM   #21
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I did the same thing with my cut fenders except I cut up the stock liners and riveted them back in higher up.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #25
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Man up and deal with the mud
Old 07-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #27
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I didn't for the longest time, I just pulled the tube that ran from my fender well to my intake.

But srsly. I have thinking of doing the same thing, I.was just going to order a sheet of about 1/8 inch black nylon or delrin plastic to fill the void
Old 07-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #28
Benjamin Newman

http://www.professionalplastics.com/DELRINSHEET-ROD

http://www.professionalplastics.com/NYLONRODSHEETTUBE

You could prob go with a 0.062 or even .031 thickness to keep cost down
Old 07-21-2012, 03:00 PM   #29
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Monte I think you already saw mine but here they are.
Formed sheet plastic with tabs welded in to screw into.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:17 PM   #31
Benjamin Newman

So, what's your plans now that you have many options
Old 07-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #32
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
Monte I think you already saw mine but here they are.
Formed sheet plastic with tabs welded in to screw into.

Do you have a write up on how you did yours?
Old 07-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #34
wstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud of

Name: jay
wstcstriderz's Tacoma Gallery
heres a shot of mine that i just did a month or so ago... I used a sheet of uhmw plastic , bent some autofab tabs and pop rivited those where needed,i first made cardboard templates to get the right arch and fit.. there not bad to do maybe a couple hours on the first one then youll have it dialed
Old 07-25-2012, 04:16 PM   #36
wstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud of

Name: jay
wstcstriderz's Tacoma Gallery
The product is only 1/8 th thick so it arches pretty easy, just takes some time to get the final fit before you put the fasteners on the sheetmetal... hope this helps!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #38
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstcstriderz View Post
heres a shot of mine that i just did a month or so ago... I used a sheet of uhmw plastic , bent some autofab tabs and pop rivited those where needed,i first made cardboard templates to get the right arch and fit.. there not bad to do maybe a couple hours on the first one then youll have it dialed
Nice dude! That looks super clean
Old 10-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #39
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
^ Make some more and sell those bad boys! very clean I need to do this.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:05 PM   #40
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
I thought I've seen someone that has fabricated some sheet metal to fill it all in. same concept but just with some sheet aluminum or something.

I have seen SDHQ do a few customers inner well and Engine bay pass thru.