DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Offroad GPS App

Old 07-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #1
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Offroad GPS App

Hey guys in this day and age it can't be too crazy to assume somebody has to have invented and app for Iphone/Ipad that allows it to be used as an offroad GPS. I'm not saying upload race maps (that would be cool) but maybe just track my speed and trails I took to find my way back to camp in middle of the night. I'm sure somebody has this

Post up what you have! Free is better!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Indeed it is something I can build, but I am almost positive I have seen an app that already does this. A plus about GPS is it doesn't require any cell connectivity so it should work regardless of where you're at. I'm sure someone knows of an app. My friend I think showed me one, I'll text him and ask
Old 07-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #4
NoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoSoup4You is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
NoSoup4You's Tacoma Gallery
MotionX GPS is one I like .. its not free, but the only cheap option for good offline maps (able to read maps with no cell signal, just GPS)

I use it Ocotillo, and for the whole Spring trip through Mojave.
It works wonderfully on just GPS, but be careful as it will drain the battery with constant use.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
http://gpstuner.com/iphone/

http://gpstuner.com/androidon/
Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Hey guys in this day and age it can't be too crazy to assume somebody has to have invented and app for Iphone/Ipad that allows it to be used as an offroad GPS. I'm not saying upload race maps (that would be cool) but maybe just track my speed and trails I took to find my way back to camp in middle of the night. I'm sure somebody has this

Post up what you have! Free is better!
I use GPS Kit on my iphone to:
- Upload race files
- Upload trails and waypoint I create on Google Earth
- Track myself off roading
- Everything that my Lowrance does and more
- Use without any cell phone reception, only GPS reception

Only cost me $10 from App Store and I havent touched my Lowrance since

Old 07-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
If you searched, you would have also found this thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...-road-gps.html
Old 07-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
- Upload race files

This is what I really wanted to hear! Now I can just hard mount my Iphone to the dash and go. Gawd damn I love the future
Old 07-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
If you searched, you would have also found this thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...-road-gps.html
newb
Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
- Upload race files

How much you want for the lowrance in that case?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #13
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Looks like a bitchin trip!