Notices

How did you install your long travel?

Old 08-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
How did you install your long travel?

So I've ordered a total chaos lt suspension for my front end and am trying to get it installed. I would like to do it myself but also ordered all the gussets to go along with the install, so I need a welder and someone to weld them.

Just to do the front end and gussets how did everyone get theirs done? Just take it to a shop, have someone come and weld them where the truck is apart in pieces? I'm struggling to find someone to come help weld and just need some help on how to get this project done!
Old 08-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
No friends nearby that have a welder? I suppose if no one is around, just take it to a shop and have them weld them on. They should be able to get in there as long as the tire is off.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
Shiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant futureShiftytaco has a brilliant future

Name: Joey
Shiftytaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...l-fabrication/
This guy might be able to help. He is pretty well known on these forums.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #5
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
So I've ordered a total chaos lt suspension for my front end and am trying to get it installed. I would like to do it myself but also ordered all the gussets to go along with the install, so I need a welder and someone to weld them.

Just to do the front end and gussets how did everyone get theirs done? Just take it to a shop, have someone come and weld them where the truck is apart in pieces? I'm struggling to find someone to come help weld and just need some help on how to get this project done!
Look for a fab shop by you . There are a bunch by me but I'm 500 miles south . Do you have fiber glass front fenders for the kit too ?
Old 08-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #6
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I've already talked to Jerry at B.A.M.F. He would be able to do the welding at his shop but wouldn't be able to have the truck torn apart at his shop. So I would be installing everything driving it there uninstalling welding reinstalling and then getting an alignment done. Sounds like a lot of unnessisary work.

I was hoping to do all the other work myself to save some money and finally get some use out of my degree... Minus the welding part of course.

The fenders will be ordered soon, and installed before I take it off road.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #9
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
are you planning on buying one?
there are tons that would work, some better than others, some worse.

it really depends, how much are you going to use it in the long run and what on? thats the deciding factor on which one you should get in my opinion.
also, whats your budget for one