DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

tc or allpro +2 ?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #23
allpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shedallpro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

allpro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
All pro is $4185 with the Fox shocks (why fuck with walker evans). Shocks are $1400

Tc uses 4340 chromoly axle shafts, STRONGER than AP 4130.

TC kit is $3650 with Fox Shocks, Fox Shocks are $1300
Just to clarify - our base kit is $2295 plus $495 for axles and $1050-1395 for coilovers. We include spindle gussets as well and our arms are TIG welded. Also, our axles are 4340 chromoly, I'm not sure where you got 4130 except perhaps that our arms are made from that material, probably TC too. I think overall our kit is actually about $500 less. And, as mentioned, the only downside to our kit is there aren't any secondary shock mounting options.

Our coilovers are priced a little higher since they are build specific to the travel of our kit instead of using generic 8" travel shocks with limit straps that require a lot of maintenance to ensure axles aren't over extended. The problems I believe you're referring to with your friend are seemingly due to Fox making the shocks wrong, but we're still trying to determine that. It is the only such problem we've heard of though.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #24
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
You might consider researching on the FJ site about the 2"+ kits (more people running them). There are some threads about the actual travel numbers achieved. Even considering that T/C didnt acheive the same numbers as AP I'll probably still get the T/C kit. I'm not gonna start an AP bitch fest, but their service isnt consistant enough to make me open my wallet. MonkeyProof, a guy up in Canada, have put the AP kit thru some shit and havent had anything bad to say. Either kit will work as intended and be better than a typical mid-travel kit. If you plan to ever go from the 2 to the 3.5 kit you should consider T/C since they use a standard 8" coilover.

I've got axles for the 2" kit, just waiting for the right deal on coilovers or something breaks and forces me to pick up my kit.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #25
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Also just an FYI King will build a kit specific shock and they do not charge any more than the standard 8" price. I have shortened body 8" shocks and they were $976 for a pair shipped to my door. DSM FTW

Edit: Oh yeah they also valved my shocks for the correct application for no charge
Old 08-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #28
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I'm limited at 10 right now and was gong for 10.5 but I pulled the truck out early without my front bumps being installed . If I can manage a 10.5 like I've seen some people do with stock replacements the 2" over can achieve 12 but will probably have to be limited at 11 on a 4x4 . So we're talking maybe a inch here . I'd rather throw that $1k on Axel's and fenders in the rear because that's where it's needed most anyways I think .
Old 08-29-2012, 02:56 PM   #29
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Im at 12" with my AP kit ..4x4 with no limit straps

Old 08-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #33
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
^^^^thats what im looking for!!!
Lol..with 35" tires and locked front and rear. Ill post up some pics later with me on the rocks..
Old 08-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #34
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Whatup John! I wouldn't say this if it were someone else's thread who i didn't know, but since i know you, your wheeling style, and what kind of terrain you wheel, i feel like i have enough info to make the following claim......for about the same price, you can get front and rear lockers and the required air to power them. for your speciffic wheeling needs, two lockers will get you overthrough way more than a couple extra inches of front travel.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #36
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
Whatup John! I wouldn't say this if it were someone else's thread who i didn't know, but since i know you, your wheeling style, and what kind of terrain you wheel, i feel like i have enough info to make the following claim......for about the same price, you can get front and rear lockers and the required air to power them. for your speciffic wheeling needs, two lockers will get you overthrough way more than a couple extra inches of front travel.
yeah i know brotha but i still want MORE ....just tryin to figure out exactly how i want my build to go...lockers,gears,35's are a deff 100% but extra travel and stronger axles are deff needed with were i wanna go .....gonna run blacks at rausch creek soon..been talking to some locals ...and after all the extras im gonna try my hand at a red or 2.......got a cool idea for some flat tube/plate style fenders im gonna draw up soon also
Old 08-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #37
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
yeah i know brotha but i still want MORE ....just tryin to figure out exactly how i want my build to go...lockers,gears,35's are a deff 100% but extra travel and stronger axles are deff needed with were i wanna go .....gonna run blacks at rausch creek soon..been talking to some locals ...and after all the extras im gonna try my hand at a red or 2.......got a cool idea for some flat tube/plate style fenders im gonna draw up soon also
nice, i was actually just thinking about integrating my bumpers and sliders to one another and making a partial exo cage.

but on-topic, you're talking about 6 grand(ish) for a +2 LT and lockers/gears. unless you save up real well, it's gonna be a two stage process, and for your needs, i believe lockers should be the first of the two steps. i've seen vehicles with 2/3 the ground clearance as me and less travel make it over the same stuff (maybe quicker even) simpley because they have lockers.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #38
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Shit, this thread pretty much sold me on the AP LT +2 kit, just gotta wait till I get a 4x4!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
If he's going a TC 2" kit with coilovers and arb lockers & gears you should also throw in some gussets now , coilbucket, spindle , cam . You're looking at 11k or so with install .
x2. all the reinforcing you can do!
john knows how to wrench though and has access to welding, so it'd be cost of parts and shipping only.