DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

tc or allpro +2 ?

Old 08-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #41
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
Whatup John! I wouldn't say this if it were someone else's thread who i didn't know, but since i know you, your wheeling style, and what kind of terrain you wheel, i feel like i have enough info to make the following claim......for about the same price, you can get front and rear lockers and the required air to power them. for your speciffic wheeling needs, two lockers will get you overthrough way more than a couple extra inches of front travel.
Everyone knows that wheel articulation is vital in rockcrawling..and having those extra inches lol allows me to be more stable on the lines I pick. and I am uasualy able to pick the harder and funner lines
Old 08-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #42
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Everyone knows that wheel articulation is vital in rockcrawling..and having those extra inches lol allows me to be more stable on the lines I pick. and I am uasualy able to pick the harder and funner lines
I know that, and agree fully. but since he wants both, I am suggesting my opinion on the order in which he buys, based knowing how he wheels and the arailable terrain, if the "all at once" route is not an option.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #43
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
This thread brings me back to a few months ago when I was building my truck . So many choices and options on which way to go . have fun ! Ha
Old 08-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #44
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
This thread brings me back to a few months ago when I was building my truck . So many choices and options on which way to go . have fun ! Ha
yeah, big decisions to make. unfortunately there is no single cut and dry correct way to do things (though there are plenty of wrong ways)
Old 08-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #45
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Shit today I've had my dez truck now 1 year and 3 days . Just remembered . off to buy some beer . Ha
Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #46
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah, big decisions to make. unfortunately there is no single cut and dry correct way to do things (though there are plenty of wrong ways)
Yeah that's why I don't really say to much on someone else's build . I'd give my option on a brand of parts but that's about it . I think if you are intune with this site you will make a great build with good parts but knowing what you want to do with the truck ( bank roll included ) is the key .
Old 08-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #47
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
I know that, and agree fully. but since he wants both, I am suggesting my opinion on the order in which he buys, based knowing how he wheels and the arailable terrain, if the "all at once" route is not an option.
True..

And that was my original plan too..a little bit at a time. Ended up being everything done all within a month
Old 08-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #50

Quote:
True..

And that was my original plan too..a little bit at a time. Ended up being everything done all within a month
hey, if you have the means, why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
lol.....yeah and colin is right about gears and lockers first, ill need them with my 35's coming soon.....he knows how bad i am in the woods and on rocks...lol.....lt is deff next yrs project and i cant wait
when are the 35s coming?
Old 08-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #51
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im at 12" with my AP kit ..4x4 with no limit straps

Me too. Closer to 12.5" actually.

Giving up an inch of travel for 3" over all width is a good compromise for a multi-purpose truck.