DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

tc or allpro +2 ?

Old 08-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
tc or allpro +2 ?

so im considering going to a +2 lt set up for my taco.....im very new too lt...i spend alot of time on tight trails and long road trips...not much jumping or highspeed....looking for something very tough that can handle the rocks and get me that extra travel we all need....im going to 35's soon and will be removing flares an cutting fenders and cab mount,and also a 1in body lift .....i am wondering what cv upgrades are available and the strongest and whats the positives and negatives of both kits? links to other posts are fine and any help is appreciated
Old 08-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Tc, I've seen the AP LT and have seen issues, maybe not with their side of the kit, but still. Not many people have anything bad to say about the TC kit. My buddy hasn't broken a single CV yet on his LT kit. Seems the 2nd gen cv's are quite the bit stronger.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
TC all day ere' day
Old 08-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
i have the AllPro kit and i have had it for a few years now without any issues. i do mainly rockcrawling with the occasional fastpaced desert prerun. i also occasionally tow my rockcrawler with the kit. it's been through its paces time after time and nobody can argue with that. the allpro kit has extended shafts for the CV's that are made by Currie so you know they are strong. both kits are high quality and wont fail you. just comes down to what company you prefer!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #6
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

All pro is $4185 with the Fox shocks (why fuck with walker evans). Shocks are $1400

Tc uses 4340 chromoly axle shafts, STRONGER than AP 4130.

TC kit is $3650 with Fox Shocks, Fox Shocks are $1300
Old 08-27-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
lemme find my receipt for the axles

EDIT: 555 plus tax and shipping from dsm
Old 08-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of the TC kit but who am I kidding.... I would happily take either.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
All pro is $4185 with the Fox shocks (why fuck with walker evans). Shocks are $1400

Tc uses 4340 chromoly axle shafts, STRONGER than AP 4130.

TC kit is $3650 with Fox Shocks, Fox Shocks are $1300
i rockcrawl with front and rear lockers and never have i had any problems with my shafts. i broke a outer CV once but that was entirely a result of my noobness lol

the price you have allpro listed as is everything out the door to include the shafts.

whats the price of the TC shafts? i couldn't find it anywhere. i bet the end price between the two kits will be nearly identical
Old 08-27-2012, 09:44 PM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
i rockcrawl with front and rear lockers and never have i had any problems with my shafts. i broke a outer CV once but that was entirely a result of my noobness lol

the price you have allpro listed as is everything out the door to include the shafts.

whats the price of the TC shafts? i couldn't find it anywhere. i bet the end price between the two kits will be nearly identical

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post

Old 08-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
Power Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post

Old 08-28-2012, 12:24 AM   #12
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
AP is an awesome kit but I would take the TC just because you can run bypass on them if you choose to down the line.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #13
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
TC
Old 08-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #15
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
AP is not a bad kit but I would go TC if I could do it again.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #16
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

They both make great kits though I am slightly against AP due to what I've seen on my friends rig. But their customer service with him has been excellent.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #18
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Oh if you are 4x4 just go with the 3.5 kit .
Old 08-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
I'm working on gears and 35's, an 1in bl this fall... LT will be next year. It it's leaning towards TC +2 so far... I like haveing the stronger axles that I can get with the lt kits as I would love to lOck the front next year
The axles are only "shafts" they are not the birfs which is what's really needed to be stronger. But eh

At least TC requires limit straps which is nice. No limit straps is silly IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Oh if you are 4x4 just go with the 3.5 kit .
The 3.5" kit is too wide, 2nd gen's are already wide enough they don't need to be wider for the trails. Desert is one thing...
Old 08-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #20
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
If you're planning on going high speed then I'd say TC but if you're just using it to gain more travel for your tight trails then you can't go wrong with both IMO. I don't have experience with either but if I was to go LT for what I do, which is the same as you, I'd go AP.