DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

LT install help!

Old 09-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #21
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
Alright here's an idea. Take off the Rubber red pieces, pulling a blank on what they're called haha, and throw them in the freezer along with the washers. When they get cold they'll shrink, I dont know how much hah but it might just give you enough room to squeeze the washer in.

Just an idea though
Oh yeah, I heard about doing that before but thought it was just getting them into the UCA, I thought it was to easy to do that, This must be what they were talking about.

I'm going to go try this.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #22
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Like others have said it will fit, those poly bushing have plenty of give. Your just not trying hard enough listen to people with LT trucks
and have installed stuff before. Take a big flat head screwdriver or thin crowbar and wedge it in between the bushing and bolt sleeve then push one way and slip the washer in. Once the washers in get someone to help you tap it in. I did my whole install + tower gussets which make this task even harder believe me it's doable just keep tryingand have patience hahahah
Old 09-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #23
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdNick View Post
bushings haha
Yeah those things haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
Oh yeah, I heard about doing that before but thought it was just getting them into the UCA, I thought it was to easy to do that, This must be what they were talking about.

I'm going to go try this.
Cool let us know if it works!
Old 09-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #24
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

I was attacked by a swarm of misquitos because of my work light so I had to call it for the night. I'm letting the bushings and washers sit in the freezer over night. Try in the morning and post results.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #25
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck. Im watching this cause this is the kit I m going to install
Old 09-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #26

Well freezing the bushings over night really did nothing for es of installation. But I was able to get everything out last night before calling it a night.

Sooooo I talked to the guy that welded up my spindles last night and he said to either try spreading the UCA or grind a little off the coil bucket side of things. So I improvised.

The wood started to bend and crack but I was able to spread the UCA just about 3/32" and tried it on for size

OOOOH THAT'S A BINGO!!!!
So now that I have a solution to the problem on to the rest of the install, I dropped the spindles off last night with Jeff (one of the fabricators) from Red Label Off-road in Vacaville. Never heard of anything about them but had been by their shop before and they had some pretty nice projects going on inside so it seemed legit enough for me. The guy I dropped the spindles off with ended up taking them home last night to weld them up and had the ready for pick up this morning at 9!!!!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #27
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Beef
Old 09-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #28
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! glad you got the main problem figured out!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #29
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
I remember this when I installed mine...big flat head and another person to help out did the trick
Old 09-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #30
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
YOU BENT YOUR UPPERS!?!?!?!

that wasnt a very smart move, that bushing is rubber, the washer will fit.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
YOU BENT YOUR UPPERS!?!?!?!

that wasnt a very smart move, that bushing is rubber, the washer will fit.
I talked it over with a shop first. We decided it was just when they manufactured them. Since they were in a jig they probably tweaked a little from heat and when they were pulled out came in a little. THERE WAS NO OTHER WAY THE WASHER WAS GOING TO GO IN (next to grinding metal), trust me I'm not new when it comes to automobiles, plus it was so extremely minuet it shouldn't do anything.

And in retrospect a big pry bar and force is really the exact same thing.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #32
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I had to beat.the.fuck. out of my truck to get the allpro long travel to fit. BFH to every mounting bracket.

My uppers fit ok though...
Old 09-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #33
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
gotta do whatcha gotta do i guess! i guess i have done some dumb shit on my truck so i cant really complain haha
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #34
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I had this same problem when I installed my UCAs. It was a pain and took a long time getting those washers in. If you don't mind me asking, how much did this kit run you? I'm looking into getting this kit and I couldn't find any pricing information on it.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #35
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you got the project moving. Personally, I would have tried a c-clamp to compress the first bushing some to give more room on the second side to pound the washer in, using a little synthetic grease. There looks like a good spot to slip one in there with the other end on the UCA (chunk of wood in between to keep it pretty).

But sometimes you gotta get mad and go Hulk on stuff.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #36
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
it is just tubing so it will bend but the powder coat probably cracked
Old 09-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTRD View Post
I had this same problem when I installed my UCAs. It was a pain and took a long time getting those washers in. If you don't mind me asking, how much did this kit run you? I'm looking into getting this kit and I couldn't find any pricing information on it.
I don't remember exact prices but I think they run around 2600 for just the kit
Old 09-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #38
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
gotta do whatcha gotta do i guess! i guess i have done some dumb shit on my truck so i cant really complain haha
I think we've all been down that road
Old 09-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #39

Ok, Upper and Lower installed.

Does it really matter which way the resi goes? Is it easier for it to be mounted to the front or rear? And if I decide to switch it up later would it be a problem switching the left and the right shock around?
Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #40
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the LT kit man. You'll love it.