DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

LT install help!

Old 09-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #41
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
see of frame to the right? thats where a majority of people clamp the resi.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #42
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
see of frame to the right? thats where a majority of people clamp the resi.
Yeah I looked around and decided that's where I'll do mine too.

On another note, when attaching the shock to the upper mounting plate I tighten the bolt and nut so far and it seems to be catching a notch on the inside of the nut. It's the same for both plates to I guess it's suppose to be this way. My question is do you tighten it past that point or is it suppose to be loose (it doesn't make since to be loose but I've never dealt with a nut like this).
Old 09-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #43
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

get the adapter level as possible so the flats dont catch. Tighten it down its not meant to be loose. Also I wouldnt over torque it as it will rotate there a little.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #44
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
get the adapter level as possible so the flats dont catch. Tighten it down its not meant to be loose. Also I wouldnt over torque it as it will rotate there a little.
Oh yeah torque.... The only two torque specs I've found with the kit are for the nuts that attach the spindle. I looked in a Haynes manual for suspension torque specs and found the same two numbers. Is there somewhere where I can get torque specs from for everything else? Or is it all the same (tight)
Old 09-07-2012, 02:24 PM   #45

Id talk to camburg on torque specs. But i do know that you will beed to check all your bolt for torque after 50-100 miles. they will loosen up and offroading will get them loose as well constantly check your bolts on your kit.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #46

So I painted the spindles before putting everything back together.

Put all the parts back together and had to "reshape" the left brake dust shield. It was kinda weird that I had to do the left but not the right...

Brakes on bleed and wiring all rerouted

Wheel on and how it sits with no weight on the front

Took it for a quick spin down the street and the left Dust shield still rubs a little, but only in reverse...? So I'm going to have to see whats up with that tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #47
MySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MySilverTaco13's Tacoma Gallery
sick truck im jelly congratulations so u getting some glass soon??
Old 09-08-2012, 08:38 AM   #48
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
That looks great! I am definitely going with this kit when I decide to go LT. How did it drive besides the reverse issue?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySilverTaco13 View Post
sick truck im jelly congratulations so u getting some glass soon??
X2 get some glass before you destroy your stock fenders! You'll be able to help pay for glass by selling your fenders.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #50

I only drove it down the street and back and it is seriously towed out right now...

I'll be ordering glass soon enough, before going off road. But I'm taking it to a shop to get all the gussets welded up Monday.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #52
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
Thats m kind of car wash ! Looks like they are really scrubbing your seat well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
Oh yeah there it's day light now

also got my bike washed today
Old 09-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #53
MySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMySilverTaco13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
whats your rear set up man?
Old 09-09-2012, 02:50 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySilverTaco13 View Post
whats your rear set up man?
ATX Artillery Wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler tires... As of right now that is all the rear is. I have plans for the same rear that FixedTRD was by DMZ, pretty much a rear shock hoop that doesn't cut the bed of the truck and allows somewhere around 12-14" of travel.... I think.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:25 AM   #55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
ATX Artillery Wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler tires... As of right now that is all the rear is. I have plans for the same rear that FixedTRD was by DMZ, pretty much a rear shock hoop that doesn't cut the bed of the truck and allows somewhere around 12-14" of travel.... I think.
awesome shoot some front LT vids for the peeps
Old 09-10-2012, 12:16 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Congrats on the LT kit man. You'll love it.
By the way, I want your front bumper! fenders and bumper are next on my list then hopfully DMZ has found someone to start making a kit like your rear to be sold as a DIY sort of kit.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #57
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!