Notices

LT install help!

Old 09-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
LT install help!

So I'm in the middle of installing my Total Chaos +2 lt kit and I come to the UCA and it shows that I need to install 4 of these washers that came with the kit but the problem is the gap between the inside of the UCA and the Coil bucket isn't wide enough to install a second washer on the inside.

Any help would be nice ASAP. I'll post a picture in a second.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
GL OP Bump! hopefully someone more keen on installs chimes in.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
It WILL fit. I had the same issue with my Burg LT. I gently tapped the other washer in with a hammer, worked like a charm.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dude it will fit. Take your time and go back to it and try. Worst case scenerio, I do not recommend, is making the shim thinner if you have a grinder at home.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Does you kit utilize stock shocks?
Old 09-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
It WILL fit. I had the same issue with my Burg LT. I gently tapped the other washer in with a hammer, worked like a charm.
The most gap I can get is only half the size of the provided washer though, I don't fell like I should have to grind one of the sides down to make enough room, but thats the only option I can really see...
Old 09-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
Almost there

Try tapping it in. I thought also it wouldnt fit but somehow it did.

Have the washer at an angle towards the bushing, then gently try to tap it in.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #11
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Dude it will fit. Take your time and go back to it and try. Worst case scenerio, I do not recommend, is making the shim thinner if you have a grinder at home.
Don't do that. If you make it thinner it will eventually flareout, distort, or even break. Like others have said, take your time.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Don't do that. If you make it thinner it will eventually flareout, distort, or even break. Like others have said, take your time.
Hence the absolute reason I am stressing to him to take him time and get it to work the way it is. "I do not recommend"
Old 09-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #13
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Hey bud, if we end up staying the night back there Saturday ill come by and help you. No promises though since we might just turn Saturday and go home
Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #14
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Hence the absolute reason I am stressing to him to take him time and get it to work the way it is. "I do not recommend"
Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Hey bud, if we end up staying the night back there Saturday ill come by and help you. No promises though since we might just turn Saturday and go home
Oh I'll be working on this all weekend. I have help coming tomorrow (when I had originally planned to start) but need to get the spindles off today to get welded tomorrow morning.

Your more then welcome to come by and help when ever you want, I'll be on this all night.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #17
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah there is. Take the largest flat head screw driver you have and pry it open. Will take a bit of work but you can do it.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #18
Almost there

Maybe try putting the front washer in first then try the back.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #19
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Alright here's an idea. Take off the Rubber red pieces, pulling a blank on what they're called haha, and throw them in the freezer along with the washers. When they get cold they'll shrink, I dont know how much hah but it might just give you enough room to squeeze the washer in.

Just an idea though
Old 09-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #20
Odie
trdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdNick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trdNick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
Alright here's an idea. Take off the Rubber red pieces, pulling a blank on what they're called haha, and throw them in the freezer along with the washers. When they get cold they'll shrink, I dont know how much hah but it might just give you enough room to squeeze the washer in.

Just an idea though

bushings haha