DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Centering A Tacoma Front Differential

Old 09-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #21
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
got a really nice response from RCV on the subject:

Looks like Currie 9" is the best choice to go with, along with RCV CVs and Axles.

Oh, and Im not going to be doing this anytime soon, this is just out of curiosity. However, if I do decide to do something extravagant down the road to my truck, it would definitely be center mount 4x4 and links. No dirty hooker travel or twin traction beams for me
LINKS! that currie 9" is goin to be 'spensive
Old 09-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #22
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
LINKS! that currie 9" is goin to be 'spensive
$1500:
http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...6.aspx?id=3498

with they curry 9" and all the CV and axles from RCV, this whole conversion, minus custom arms and fabrication, will be at almost $4000!

This whole project would probably cost up to $10K with most fab shops including parts, material and labor.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #23
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$1500:

with they curry 9" and all the CV and axles from RCV, this whole conversion, minus custom arms and fabrication, will be at almost $4000!

This whole project would probably cost up to $10K with most fab shops including parts, material and labor.
Yeah right try at least $15k to $20k. Steering alone for this would be $4k+
Old 09-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #24
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
Yeah right try at least $15k to $20k. Steering alone for this would be $4k+
what all would go into the steering if you were to do it?

I was thinking of switching over to a steering box down the road anyways, they seem stronger.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #25
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
howe rack?
Old 09-13-2012, 03:18 PM   #26
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
what all would go into the steering if you were to do it?

I was thinking of switching over to a steering box down the road anyways, they seem stronger.
To make a setup like this worth it a Howe rack would be the way to go, swingset would be a bit goofy with a center link setup
Old 09-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #27
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Gah! I have been looking for a used front diff to do this very thing! But.... no luck. So I was looking at curry. Also search around on the pirate4x4 forum. There have been quite a few discussions about doing this very thing
Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #28

This is why you see so many KOH rigs going to TTB beams. $5k vs $20k. And actual performance gains of the arms is minimal.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #29
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$1500:

But WAY better than a solid axle! I love the idea and always have. Just not ready for an engine to move back while I'm still enjoying long trips.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #30
dirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud of

Name: Steve
dirt designs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$1500:

What hubs were you planning on running? Stock unit bearings? We were planning on a custom 4wd set from bms around $3500-4500

Also i think your numbers are a little off on the currie. I was quoted around $3500 for a complete front diff about 6months ago with arb locker. Maybe i should re call and check those numbers.

rcvs were right on though about $2500.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #31
LSK is a splendid one to beholdLSK is a splendid one to beholdLSK is a splendid one to beholdLSK is a splendid one to beholdLSK is a splendid one to beholdLSK is a splendid one to beholdLSK is a splendid one to beholdLSK is a splendid one to behold

LSK's Tacoma Gallery
this is an old ass thread... but you could use dana 44 (or even 60 for that matter) and then just run a u joint outer CV inner in the same style that solo does the taco kit.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #33
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Might as well just tube chassis
Old 09-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #35
sirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sirhk100's Tacoma Gallery
Where's that Tacoma with the TTB under it that I've seen pictures of? If I was gonna get all crazy with changing up a 4WD tacoma that's the direction I'd be going...
Old 09-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #36
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Where's that Tacoma with the TTB under it that I've seen pictures of? If I was gonna get all crazy with changing up a 4WD tacoma that's the direction I'd be going...
I saw it last weekend at the night race. So bad ass!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #37
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #38
sirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sirhk100's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
I saw it last weekend at the night race. So bad ass!
The pictures I've seen it looks super clean that's for sure!