Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Mid Travel plans

Old 09-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
gacandido2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabriel
gacandido2010's Tacoma Gallery
Mid Travel plans

I know this is in the Lt section but you guys seem to know the most and most of you had mid before you went Lt. I wanted to go LT but thats wishful thinking since im a college student with part time job, Soooo mid travel will do. I will be hitting woops and small jumps in this setup

My build would be something like this-
-icon ext travel RR
-TC Uca
-fox 2.0x10" RR smooth (installed)
-all pro 3'' leaf pack (installed)
-king/fox bumpstops on all four corners
-limit straps on all four corners
-3.5 glssworks fender flares (installed)

Lemme know what you guys think. Also idk what length limit straps and bumpstops to get. and idk if spindle gussets and lca cam tabs gussets is a good idea

what im going for.....
http://youtu.be/tlmziAFg5GU

http://youtu.be/q659BS5D4fc
Old 09-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
552Jrider will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
552Jrider's Tacoma Gallery
subbed. almost my exact plans. from what ive heard limit straps arent necessary. i even asked total chaos they said there is no need for limit straps for mid travel like in your list
Old 09-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #5
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacandido2010 View Post
how do you like it? ^^
it was an expensive way to make my truck handle better in all conditions. hahaha
Old 09-20-2012, 08:16 PM   #8
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ntydog13's Tacoma Gallery
Y not just ask tacokid and jberry
Old 09-21-2012, 04:42 AM   #9
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Save up and buy what you really want instead of wasting mod money on intermediate mods.
BTW in that video, it's MT front and full LT rear.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
BTW in that video, it's MT front and full LT rear.
HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU KNOW!!?

You know everybody says you should just jump straight to LT but I liked my MT and it gave me a real comparison of MT vs LT. I really appreciate it now. Kinda like these gawd damn kids that never had to use a 5.25" floppy disk lol
Old 09-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
biggie is on a distinguished road

Name: Collin
biggie's Tacoma Gallery
im mid in the front and lt in the rear its nice for what i do, dd and weekend trips to the desert. i will end up lt in the front as well but for the next year i should be good. i have seen a lot of mt setups out perform lt ones just depends how you do it
Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
I have a setup similar to what you are talking about and have all kinds of fun with my truck.

I dont have airbumps up front because I'm not comfortable running them on the stock LCA. Just my 2 cents. I also don't have limit straps, never had a problem but it is cheap insurance and I will get around to it sometime.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #13
stumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstumpjumper509 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: spamuel
stumpjumper509's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=gacandido2010;5718207]I know this is in the Lt section but you guys seem to know the most and most of you had mid before you went Lt. I wanted to go LT but thats wishful thinking since im a college student with part time job, Soooo mid travel will do. I will be hitting woops and small jumps in this setup

My build would be something like this-
-icon ext travel RR
-TC Uca
-fox 2.0x10" RR smooth (installed)
-all pro 3''

is the 10" rear travel shocks overkill for mid travel? im assuming the 8.5s would work for 3 inch lift, non- racing/ jumping right?