DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

SUA kit with shackle flip kit?

Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
SUA kit with shackle flip kit?

I have a Defined Engineering stage 1 SUA kit with Fox 2.0 piggybacks with click adjustment.

I was wondering is there a benefit to a shackle flip for a SUA like mine.

I have searched, but can not find a clear answer. Some say No some say sure?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportis72 View Post
I have a Defined Engineering stage 1 SUA kit with Fox 2.0 piggybacks with click adjustment.

There's been alot of discussion lately about shackle flips. Not sure what fox's you have but if they're oem replacement then longer shocks will give you more than a flip kit.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Mine are stock length replacements.From AllPro
Old 10-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #4
Defined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefined is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: mike
Defined's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportis72 View Post

only benefit i could see is increased ride height . but i have no clue how the pack will cycle with a standard flip
Old 10-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #5
EMS:
Mike I was actually going to call you about this haha. I dont want anymore lift so I guess there is no reason to run this. Just extra time and money. Oh Got my truck Back to 100% last week putting on those bumps Tuesday got an air chisel and hammer will make the job a lot easier. I will Work on the write up after that.