DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

CAMBURG Long Travel Kit....

Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
CAMBURG Long Travel Kit....

Im about to purchase this kit, looking for anyone who has it and get some feedback on it....

Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Really thats a crappy kit you should buy it and then just sell it to me dirt cheap and then i can tell you how the kit is. On a real note thats a bad ass kit very strong and heard nothing but good things about the kit i would like one!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Going to get a deal for writing about it online, I will let you know what the skinnie is on it- Looks great, I like the construction a lil better than the TC. Also the lower uni ball looks amazing! Look out- this is going to be a good one!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 AM   #5
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Thats a nice setup, Only thing is your goin to have to buy two, I need one
Old 01-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #7
Downsouth Motorsport

Allot of people are running the TC kit and not too many have used the Camburg kit- At least we will have a honest opinion as to what "else" there is out there..... I plan on running a Fox coil over without the secondary bypass- but using a shorty 2.0 x 2.5" bump in the front. As for the rear im going with the Deaver J-66 springs with a custom hoop to utilize a 2.5 x 10" travel 2 tube bypass. My goal is to have equal front and rear 14" of useable wheel travel without cutting up my bed.... I promise to be 100% honest as to what it really pulls!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
Jag/Nole Fanatic!
Rippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to beholdRippin101 is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
Rippin101's Tacoma Gallery
Subd!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
feel free to "accidentally" throw one of these for an 01-04 tacoma in my box when you send my SAWs back
Old 10-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #10
ggerdsen is on a distinguished road

ggerdsen's Tacoma Gallery
Any pics from this build?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Is that the 5 lug kit?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:28 PM   #12
caliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the roughcaliKxracer is a jewel in the rough

Name: kyle
caliKxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
Is that the 5 lug kit?
kinda looks like it
Old 07-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #13
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
so how do you like the camburg LT sonny?
Old 07-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #14
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
thread revival
Old 07-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #15
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
What about a Engage kit? There kits are so nice... but I may just be a little biased! LOL
Old 07-16-2010, 05:54 PM   #16
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
thread revival
Anything wrong with that? Lol

Dsms seems like they woulkd really put a product to the test and I was just curious what the outcome was so far for them. I'm doing more and more research on LT kits and so are a lot of other people and a review from dsms would be a great thing to hear1
Old 07-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #17
Downsouth Motorsport

Good afternoon,
Holly crap is hot here in Cali right now...
Anyway I caught wind of this thread again and this was was started by Jon who used to work with me.
He ended up using a 4.5" RCD kit instead and before he left working with me he was toying with the idea of the Camburg kit.
To be honest with you the only kit I have seen and ridden in the vehicle is the Chaos kit and it worked well..But that is not to say that Camburg and I want to say the other company was Engage and they are both nice kits.There are a few factors, budget, shock selection, what type of driving?We get calls every now and then with guys wanting shocks for there LT Kits and and have questions about set up and most of the time the truck never gets used for what it was built for.So by all means do your research and I encourage all of you to ask as many questions and get as much info as possible from anyone who will give it to you and make an educated decision as to what will work best for you and your driving style.
All of you are always welcome to ask us "DSM" questions whether you buy from us or not, we will still try and get you the best info we can to get you pointed in the right direction.
And of course we will always help you out with all of your shock needs..
Yes we will always be bias towards King...Perfection is hard to beat..
Have a good one and those of you in SoCal right now, try and stay cool
and have a good weekend..
See ya,
Sonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Anything wrong with that? Lol

Dsms seems like they woulkd really put a product to the test and I was just curious what the outcome was so far for them. I'm doing more and more research on LT kits and so are a lot of other people and a review from dsms would be a great thing to hear1
Old 07-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #18
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i think mjp2 has that kit. those upper looked beefy as hell.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #20
Downsouth Motorsport

Thanks Engage and we should set aside some time to chat next week on the phone.It would most likely behoove both of us to put something together for both of our customer bases.Chaos makes a good kit, but recently we have had some issues with a few sets of there Gen. 1 arms not coming with all of the parts in the box..Engage here we come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
eh, i say go Engage for your LT kit, then hit up DownSouth for your King coilovers...

afterall, Engage is reppin for DownSouth Motorsports!!!