1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fuel system help

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by 45acp, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Nov 6, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    45acp

45acp [OP] Paint me back in Wyoming again...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Boring, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    1981 Long bed 4x4
    I know I put this in the LT section, please move it if need be. I figured you LT guys know more about fuel systems/cells than most others.

Looking at relocating my tank for various reasons. Haven't figured out the exact setup up... fuel cell, tank swap or otherwise. All I know is I want it to pass emissions, and setup in a way that it won't screw with the computer stuff and throw codes.

First thing, can anyone give me a brief overview of the parts and how the various tank systems work? A link would be great but I can't seem to find shit anywhere online.

Can someone ID the part with the black cap with the tube and wires coming out of the rear section of the tank? I assume it's part of the evap system.

2012-05-28_16-10-37_298_dccd7d38ca47a202a980eeed74ffcd6ab77cc318.jpg

I bought some OEM tank parts off a Taco ('01 v6) being parted out. Problem is, the sending unit I picked up doesn't the plug/sensor or whatever it is (can someone ID this please?) that is on the unit already on the truck. Don't know if this is going to be an issue.

[​IMG]

2. Nov 6, 2012 at 4:03 PM
    45acp

45acp [OP] Paint me back in Wyoming again...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Boring, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    1981 Long bed 4x4
    After a lot of searching, looks like the plug on the sending unit is the vapor pressure sensor. The other part on top of the tank I still can't figure out. Most of the diagrams I found don't even show it. Best guess is the fuel overfill check valve? If this is the case, is it a necessary part of the smog system?

Products Discussed in

To Top