DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Fuel system help

Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel system help

I know I put this in the LT section, please move it if need be. I figured you LT guys know more about fuel systems/cells than most others.

Looking at relocating my tank for various reasons. Haven't figured out the exact setup up... fuel cell, tank swap or otherwise. All I know is I want it to pass emissions, and setup in a way that it won't screw with the computer stuff and throw codes.

First thing, can anyone give me a brief overview of the parts and how the various tank systems work? A link would be great but I can't seem to find shit anywhere online.

Can someone ID the part with the black cap with the tube and wires coming out of the rear section of the tank? I assume it's part of the evap system.

I bought some OEM tank parts off a Taco ('01 v6) being parted out. Problem is, the sending unit I picked up doesn't the plug/sensor or whatever it is (can someone ID this please?) that is on the unit already on the truck. Don't know if this is going to be an issue.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
After a lot of searching, looks like the plug on the sending unit is the vapor pressure sensor. The other part on top of the tank I still can't figure out. Most of the diagrams I found don't even show it. Best guess is the fuel overfill check valve? If this is the case, is it a necessary part of the smog system?