DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Does this look right? PICS

Old 11-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #21
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgerber View Post
Can anyone also confirm that I need a 16" instead of the 18"

Ps.
For sale stock rod ends, 600 Springs and TC Top plates. Lol
PM Special_K.
He's got a TC kit and Kings with the King top plates. He should be able to tell ya all the details.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you, I pm'ed him, waiting on a response.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #23
Bandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Bandwagon's Tacoma Gallery
he does not have that kit anymore... the 600lb spring should be sufficient, you can run the 18" spring but if you decide to up the spring rate go with a 16" spring.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #24
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Wrong style shocks.... You have the internally threaded top caps, the truck needs the externally threaded top caps and shorter shock body. By changing the rod end you made the shock even longer
Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
You'll be fine with a 600lb 18 inch spring. Just flip that top plate.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #26
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
Wrong style shocks.... You have the internally threaded top caps, the truck needs the externally threaded top caps and shorter shock body. By changing the rod end you made the shock even longer
Call TC and check part numbers for those shocks. Their kits are made to work with special coilovers. Off the shelf 8" coilovers are supposed to be too long for their LT arms. They have special shorter body 2.5x8's made for 2nd gen Tacomas.

Looks like yours are standard issue 8 inchers unfortunately.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #27
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
herpa derpa
Old 11-15-2012, 02:59 PM   #28
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Just compare the pictures that have been posted in this thread. His are different. The kit I build runs a short body 8" as well.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #29
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

Man you guys got me all confused! I thought these were the right ones according to RAD who sold me the kit. I really hope they are, getting tired of driving my street bike in the freezing am cold weather.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #30
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Call TC. They will know best.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:26 PM   #31
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I knew this thread seemed familiar.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...will-work.html
Old 11-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #32
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
ignore what i say, i will go back and edit my posts. i really only know my truck. your a second gen.. sorry.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #33
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
flip the top plate first and take out all the preload.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #34
Quote:
Man you guys got me all confused! I thought these were the right ones according to RAD who sold me the kit. I really hope they are, getting tired of driving my street bike in the freezing am cold weather.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #35

I think I'll try flipping mount and notching coil bucket, also adjust the preload.

I wish RAD would chime in since he knows what's going on with this whole set up.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #36
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Hahahhaa! I lived in Fresno for 5 years. This is all I have to say for that:

Old 11-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #37

Well it's gonna start raining and not safe to be on a street bike in that weather and with stupid drivers.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #38
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
OP, I PM'd you about the springs.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #39
Quote:
I think I'll try flipping mount and notching coil bucket, also adjust the preload.

I wish RAD would chime in since he knows what's going on with this whole set up.
I don't think you're gunna get a whole lot from him. He was all questions when he had the kit and didn't even use it for anything more than paperweights anyway.

Call TC. They'll more than likely tell you that you've got the wrong coilovers. You should still be able to use the ones you have once you flip the top plates, but you will have significantly less up-travel.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #40
RAD@RECHELON/AESTHETICS
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RAD
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
^ pretty on point on what he said to a certain point. The kit I bought was for a Prerunner like mine. Those kings shocks were used on a 2nd gen from Jerez who got it off tostidos. I have no clue on thrm as i only wanted to help both parties.. However with the 4x4. I don't know much on how it effects the set up.