DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Does this look right? PICS

Old 11-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #61
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
If you buy the correct shocks, your problems are over.

If you don't want to buy new shocks, you still have options.

1. Cut out your coil bucket and fab new upper mounts. You'll have every inch of up-travel back if you do this right, maybe even an extra inch.

2. Remove all preload and run a helper spring. You'll have to properly limit your droop so that your coil doesn't bounce around. Full droop is possible, full up-travel is most likely not.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #62
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
TC was closed friday, so I haven't contacted them. I wanna try and make these work since I'm stuck with them. Good point closing the gab.

I plan on getting the TC secondary to also strengthen the coil bucket.