DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

TC 2" or camburg LT

Old 11-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
bh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to behold

bh867's Tacoma Gallery
TC 2" or camburg LT

I've searched all threads I can find, both here and everywhere else. Been going back and forth for a loooong time. Need some experienced opinions. This truck is used for everything, not just fast desert, I drive it quite hard, push it fast when possible, my hold up is will the difference in track width be noticeable enough to make it a pain in tighter situations (3.5 vs 2), or is it not that bad. Does sua setup hang up a lot in the rocks trees etc? Would it be a waste to do a full lt and not do sua in the rear? I run 35's 4.88's locked front and rear, I don't care for fiberglass but would run it if necessary, I'd prefer to just cut the hell out of it and make it clear, she's no beauty queen lol. So if anyone has any input , advice, or personal experience I'd appreciate. I've searched a lot of threads and done as much homework as I know how to find. It's a large investment an I don't want to get something and say well should've have done this or that. Thanks for any input, I wanna get this done finally, it's been along time comin, I'd like to order on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
bh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to behold

bh867's Tacoma Gallery
This is the rig, it's 2006 a dc long bed, clean one owner only 231k miles lol TC 2" or camburg LT-imageuploadedbytapatalk1353197509.331819.jpg
Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I'd just go 3.5 if you want a wider stance .
Old 11-17-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
In my experience in having a 2" kit would say go with a 2" if you want to do everything..I'm locked front and rear and i take my junk everywhere that I can..

Old 11-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I am happy with the TC 2" that I have on my truck. For now, I have an OME dakar leaf pack with Icon shocks in the rear and it is working out just fine for me. I don't jump my truck or anything like that. I don't run fiberglass because I cut my fenders but if I had went with a 3.5" kit then fiberglass would be a must.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
How long have you had your dakars. How much rear lift did you get
Old 11-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
How long have you had your dakars. How much rear lift did you get
Dakars have been on for about 5 years now. Lift was just shy of 3" when I got them new.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm View Post
Dakars have been on for about 5 years now. Lift was just shy of 3" when I got them new.
Thx ill make mental note if I have to replace deavers at some time .
Old 11-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #9

bh867's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies, mcgrimm I absolutely love your truck btw, I've followed your build for a while, it's what got me thinking of going in that direction (TC). Can you run it moderately fast in the desert? Are you happy with the travel/flex? Would you do the dakars again or go a different route? I do pull at times with it, and will have more weight in the rear than stock. Ultimately I would like 3-4' of lift in the rear.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #10

bh867's Tacoma Gallery
And mcgrimm, would you say the dakars keep up with the front quite well?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Mall Crawler

Marines:
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh867 View Post
And mcgrimm, would you say the dakars keep up with the front quite well?
The dakars do not keep up with the front. I am running Timbren bumpstops and that is part of the problem. I am possibly looking at going with the All-Pro expedition springs for a little more lift next year sometime. I can run it moderately fast in the desert. Now that I have ditched the SnugTop, i feel more comfortable with going fast in the desert.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the Camburg kit with Fiberwerx glass and I finally got a chance to take it out today to Box Canyon in Florence, Az. (Check the AZ thread for pics). I've been out there with the truck when it was stock, with billies 5100s, and today with the Camburg kit and let me tell you about the ride!

We were driving at speeds of up to 50mph and it felt as if I was doing 25 on a nicely paved road. We also went through some pretty tight spots and the truck handled it perfect! Since it's 3.5" wider per side I felt that I could use the extra width to place the front tires up on rocks and maneuver the truck easier than before. Overall I am very satisfied with the setup on my truck.

I am running a Deaver pack for the rear, 2.5 Icon rear shocks with resi, Icon C/O's with resi up front, Camburg LT kit, extended axles, and Fiberwerx glass. If you have any other questions send me a pm and I'll answer them for you.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #13

bh867's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
In my experience in having a 2" kit would say go with a 2" if you want to do everything..I'm locked front and rear and i take my junk everywhere that I can..

monkey proof, your truck is bad ass, have you been pleased with the expo's?
Old 11-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I love the expos..they feel nice for just everyday driving, not too harsh feeling. You can load as much gear as you possibly can and not worry about sagging. They also flex nicley on the trail. I also tow my crawler quite a bit ..

Old 11-18-2012, 01:24 AM   #15

bh867's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I love the expos..they feel nice for just everyday driving, not too harsh feeling. You can load as much gear as you possibly can and not worry about sagging. They also flex nicley on the trail. I also tow my crawler quite a bit ..

Do they keep up with the front end well?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #16
Power Top

The only leaf spring setup that will truly keep up with any front LT is a SUA setup with bypasses and hydro bumps
Old 11-20-2012, 06:11 PM   #17

bh867's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The only leaf spring setup that will truly keep up with any front LT is a SUA setup with bypasses and hydro bumps
You have a build thread? I like your rig