DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

American Motorsports is a rip off

Old 11-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #21
Bandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Bandwagon's Tacoma Gallery
8" with an option to run a 10" with an additional fabricated coil bucket upper control arm mount.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #22
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Damn 6" Over kit on a 2nd Gen is going to have a track width of 90"+ which would put it out of some race classes if I'm not mistaken.

The Solo kit at 4.5" is crazy wide already.

What kind of goals do you have for this kit?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #23
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
good luck finding fiberglass to fit these lol
Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM   #24
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I don't see many orders being placed . That's why I was like why 6"
Old 11-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #25
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
i think 4" would be good....4.5" MAX
Old 11-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #26
AmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter:
Name: American Motorsports
AmeriMotor's Tacoma Gallery
Im not going to build a 3.5 or 4.5 over kit. You can buy camburgs total choas built right solo kits. What sets those companies apart they sell the same kit that just looks different. So its customers perference who they choose. Why build into a market thats flooded with other companies. I believe blackhawk you sport an engage kit. He is the only one out there building a 5-6 inch kit. I want to jump into that market with 1 company. I will buikd a kit that is 2.5 inches wider than camburgs or total choas and 1.5 inches over solos kit. Not a huge difference. I will offer a high quality kit that will speak for itself with performance.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #27
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea Engage is 4.5 over and with the spindles, I hit my 6" flair fiberwerx fenders at full bump and im on both lines when parking.

I think a good product to look into for 2nd Gens without being overly wide is a weld it yourself J-arm kit with a vertical uniball upper and recess shock mounts on the LCA so people can run 10" shocks on stock tower bucket and cram big ass shocks without worrying about spring binding on the UCAs
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #28
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriMotor View Post
Im not going to build a 3.5 or 4.5 over kit. You can buy camburgs total choas built right solo kits. What sets those companies apart they sell the same kit that just looks different. So its customers perference who they choose. Why build into a market thats flooded with other companies. I believe blackhawk you sport an engage kit. He is the only one out there building a 5-6 inch kit. I want to jump into that market with 1 company. I will buikd a kit that is 2.5 inches wider than camburgs or total choas and 1.5 inches over solos kit. Not a huge difference. I will offer a high quality kit that will speak for itself with performance.
From a business stand point I understand the wanting to be in the field with no competition, but there is a reason most companies make a kit that width because it sells and although it is competitive if a companies kit is obviously better (quality, price, etc) it will sell with proper marketing and such.

Also, it may only be 2.5" wider per side but a total of 5" is wider is alot. considering they're already quite wide at that point.

Don't take this as an attack on the quality of your work as I've seen the 5-Lug kits (2nd Gen Mid Travel and 1st Gen Long Travel) both are quality products so it's no doubt this one will be as well.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #29
Bandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
When designing a kit priority 1: Make sure it fits in a parking spot..... I'm not building this kit but I do know that it is still in the design phase and I'm certain Brian will pick the dimensions that work the best. I guess we will see when the kit here and on a truck. Y do a J arm when u can fit a coilover and bypass in the upper, look at his 5 lug kit.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #30
Max's Canadian Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
When designing a kit priority 1: Make sure it fits in a parking spot..... I'm not building this kit but I do know that it is still in the design phase and I'm certain Brian will pick the dimensions that work the best. I guess we will see when the kit here and on a truck. Y do a J arm when u can fit a coilover and bypass in the upper, look at his 5 lug kit.
5-Lug kit comes with new Upper Control Arm Mounts if I'm not mistaken, which means a J-Arm could be utilized just as easily.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #31
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Agree, need to be able to somewhat DD and fit into parking spaces while removing any possible failure points. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #32
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

J-arms will free up tons more space for shock placement as to gain the most amount of travel with limited space, such as moving shock mounts farther out and getting more down travel without coils binding on the arms
Old 11-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #33
Well after the design is done I'm sure we will see the details of the kit. Oh and I was being sarcastic about priority 1 by the way
Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #34
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
2wd or 4wd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
doesnt matter as long as its a six lug.... derp
cant have lift spindles with 4wd, derp.

excited to see this kit.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #35
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
cant have lift spindles with 4wd, derp.

excited to see this kit.
technically you can, it all depends on how flush you can get the LCA mount with the CV without touching. My double sheered Engage 4x4 spindles actually gave me a 3/4" lift almost because the LCA mount was moved up, thus moving the lower shock mounts up.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #36
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
technically you can, it all depends on how flush you can get the LCA mount with the CV without touching. My double sheered Engage 4x4 spindles actually gave me a 3/4" lift almost because the LCA mount was moved up, thus moving the lower shock mounts up.

well.. i stand corrected...
i was under the impression that you can not use a lift spindle no matter what with 4wd.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #37
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post

well.. i stand corrected...
i was under the impression that you can not use a lift spindle no matter what with 4wd.
its really not a lift spindle, 3/4" is the max you could get and you would get more plunge in you half shafts which is never good.

the only way to really have a lift spindle with 4wd is to have a portal spindle like the hummer H1s have

Old 03-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #38
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
American Motorsports.....Not looking so good for the future...
Old 03-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #39
AmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter:
Name: American Motorsports
AmeriMotor's Tacoma Gallery
Right here Eric