Originally Posted by Mxpatriot
I have no idea what guetto means, I'm thinking either a misspelling of ghetto or it's some related to Jersey Shore. But I'm pretty sure I understand where you're going with the build.
1. With the tire sizes you want to run and the engine size you have to work with I'd go with 4.88's, maybe even higher (if your differentials can fit them, I don't know) because it sounds like you will be spending more time accelerating hard out of turns than trying to cruise at high speed.
2. You sure 10'' wheels are going to clear your brake drums / brake calipers?
3. 5 or 6 lug is going to be more about powerplant than anything else to me - the five lug is fine structurally for want you want to do. I would consider the 6 lug to have the V6 option. No replacement for displacement and all that.
4. You are tracking that skinny tires at stock track width up front is going to look very "empty" under fiberglass up front, right? Even normal width 33's up front looks funny up front to most people, since the track width of the wheels won't match the width of the fiberglass.
Haha very funny... it's ghetto, I'm french first so it happens that I invent some words! I took that expression out of a random forum.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
1. For the gearing I'd like to stick with some stock Toyota components. I know that even 4.88 could be hard to find and I don't know if they were available with the e-locker option. You're right on the fact that I'm gonna be more in the 0-70mph range more than in the 50-100mph range... But I think if I wanna use the turbo spool at it's capacity, I should let it some space to work, too short ratio and you have to shift when power just coming to live.
2. 10" would be the wheel widith. I expect 15" diameter wheel for the rear. Wheels and tires of that size are everywhere at relatively cheap price. A good offset should place the tire at nice places.
3. Thanks for that, I really want to go with the 3RZ, I love these motors and heard I can take lots of HPs from them. Big turbo setup is really appealing me for that project. I was thinking the 6 lugs could be more enviable to switch to tundra brake up front. I was also concern about stock suspension height. Do they have the same suspension travel design from the factory?
4. I think about theses pizza cutter size to keep the steering light. But maybe 8" widith wheels could be more appropriated. Do wheel spacers are safe to use? Exemple, with 3.75 BS wheels and 2" spacers. Only those two things together could widen the front track close to 3" each side.
Because I don't know a lot about bigerglass, maybe I don't need them that huge to fit my setup. Bet thing would be to make the wheel, tire and suspension setup then measure the whole thing and get some fiberglass that match.