DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Brians 05 Tacoma

Old 01-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #21
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
i cant wait to get behind the wheel!!!!

running bypasses after i get and engine cage and bumping off the spindle when it happens. as for pushing the 35s, ill be running 4.88s
Wait is this your rig??
Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #22
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Wait is this your rig??
yes sir!
Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 AM   #23
MEMO CAMPOS is on a distinguished road

MEMO CAMPOS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt designs View Post
Thank you. Someday ill get back to that truck and start racing again.

Some pics with 35x12.5

EPIC! EFFIN' WIDE
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #24
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great Steve! Welcome to TW.

I was actually talking to Tommy Trego about this last night.

EDIT: When the wheel is cranked right does the steering clevis hit the rack? I'm gonna have to get one milled because I dont trust a couple of tabs welded to the stock inner tierod (I cut it in half)
Old 01-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #25
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW Steve!

Trucks coming along very nicely, can't wait for some action shots & vids
Old 01-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #26
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, looking good
Old 01-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #27
dirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud of

Name: Steve
dirt designs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
When the wheel is cranked right does the steering clevis hit the rack? I'm gonna have to get one milled because I dont trust a couple of tabs welded to the stock inner tierod (I cut it in half)
I was hoping the older 6lug rack adapter i had would fit these newer 6 lugs, but it didnt. These newer 6lug racks are the same size shaft size as the 96-04 5 lug racks. The welded clevis doesnt hit and there will def be more metal on the welded clevis part. Nice thing about having a tig is i can weld a lot of small gussets all over it. I will replace it with a nicer clevis a little later. The clevis is in the computer so i can replicate it later easily.

Ive welded a clevis like this on a 5lug i built a few years ago and its still holding up. Brian will drive harder then him though, so it will get replaced as soon as i figure out exactly how i want them made.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #28
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt designs View Post
I was hoping the older 6lug rack adapter i had would fit these newer 6 lugs, but it didnt. These newer 6lug racks are the same size shaft size as the 96-04 5 lug racks. The welded clevis doesnt hit and there will def be more metal on the welded clevis part. Nice thing about having a tig is i can weld a lot of small gussets all over it. I will replace it with a nicer clevis a little later. The clevis is in the computer so i can replicate it later easily.

Ive welded a clevis like this on a 5lug i built a few years ago and its still holding up. Brian will drive harder then him though, so it will get replaced as soon as i figure out exactly how i want them made.
Plus with a tig you can really burn it in where you need. Tommy told me on the tundy kit you guys cut off the "sleeve" on the outer portion of the rack I'm gonna get some milled sooner than later if your interested.

Looks like the lower uni-ball still has some misalignment how much up travel are you losing to the wheel well? I said fawk it with my current kit and gained 2" of up
Old 01-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #29
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
interested to see what you do about the clevis. Since you lose the wheel stops on the LCA's when you go LT, I have beat the shit out of my steering rack. Literal pieces of it have been broken off and missing, and I know several other guys who rock crawl their trucks here have done it too.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #30
dirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
interested to see what you do about the clevis. Since you lose the wheel stops on the LCA's when you go LT, I have beat the shit out of my steering rack. Literal pieces of it have been broken off and missing, and I know several other guys who rock crawl their trucks here have done it too.

Steering is now limited with the upper uniball. Nothing rubs at full crank with the suspension cycling up and down so there wont be any gouges in the arms/spindle. I designed the new steering tabs so the steering rack isnt maxing out either. Any hard steering hits at full crank are going into the upper arm.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #32

Just waiting for the heims to finish up the steering and install limit straps. Heims should be here tomorrow

About where full droop should be.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #35
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Looks great Steve!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #36
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Damn!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #38

Finally ready to go home.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #39
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that thing is sittin wide 1st gen please!!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #40
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
I also forgot to mention damn brian! I remembered when i first spoke to you when u first got ur truck. You have matured and grown so much lolz. I still have yet to go mobbin with you one of these dayz.