Notices

Cut fenders not sealed

Old 01-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #1
mxxdude has a spectacular aura aboutmxxdude has a spectacular aura about

Army: Military Police
Name: Brandon
mxxdude's Tacoma Gallery
Cut fenders not sealed

I bought my truck with the High clearence bumper on it. The shop did a good Job cutting then straight but they didn't seal of the cut so the paint is starting to chip a little . Should I take off the bumper? Or can I just use a little touch up paint without taking it off? Thanks
Old 01-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures would help a ton.

You have the chase the rust back to bare metal until it stops then prime and paint it.

You can always cover over the lip when your done fixing it with some molding.

http://www.vinylgraphics.net/product...-Edge-Molding/
Old 01-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #3

mxxdude's Tacoma Gallery
i live in az so no rust
Attached Thumbnails
Cut fenders not sealed-img_0830.jpg   Cut fenders not sealed-img_0831.jpg  
Old 01-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxxdude View Post
i live in az so no rust

That looks to be bubbled from the heat of whatever they used to cut it and not rust. I have cut into quite a few Toyota panels and with my experience that's heat bubbles.

IMO that shop sucks and I would never go back. Anyone leaving a raw edge like that is a assclown

Now you need to sand down both sides until no rust is present (tape off t5rhe good paint first to protect it). Then hit it up with a self etching primer and touch up paint. I would then throw some caulk filled molding over it.

Good luck man.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #5

mxxdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
That looks to be bubbled from the heat of whatever they used to cut it and not rust. I have cut into quite a few Toyota panels and with my experience that's heat bubbles.

IMO that shop sucks and I would never go back. Anyone leaving a raw edge like that is a assclown

Now you need to sand down both sides until no rust is present (tape off t5rhe good paint first to protect it). Then hit it up with a self etching primer and touch up paint. I would then throw some caulk filled molding over it.

Good luck man.
Gracias senor thats the plan