DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Glass fender comparison

Old 05-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #41
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
wasnt this a great thread about first gen fenders? not these ugly 2nd gen?
Was thinking the same thing
Old 05-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #42
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Anyways back to pics of 1st gens..I know you know I have these Adam..but figure can't hurt.

Fiberwerx 4.5". Ordered from SDHQ offroad. Had em 5 days later. Fit great. However due to my BS of my wheels they hit the par that is right in front if the doors so I trimmed them. Sadly I didn't trim the drivers one enough I guess and the lower mounts ripped off. Just zip tied it and it's fine now..but figure that important info.

The fenders otherwise tho I think work great. Look awesome as well. Very happy with them.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #43
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting Monte. This thread isn't just for me, but anyone looking trying to get info on a range of fiberglass options for their *1ST GEN.*
Old 05-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #44
Upon my signal, unleash Hell
Skootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jeremy
Skootter14's Tacoma Gallery
I have Hannemann glass fenders on mine. It's in the shop getting painted right now, should be done Friday. I'll post some pics if anyone is looking, I know I coulda used more pics from people when I was in the market. Above all, Hannemann's customer service is excellent! And I called McNeill, fiberworx, and glassworks also! All3 terrible service!
Old 08-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #45
Fiberwerx is on a distinguished road
Name: Fiberwerx
Fiberwerx's Tacoma Gallery
Hoping to not step on any toes here.

If anyone has any issues, comments, concerns, etc with Fiberwerx, please direct them to me. My name is Travis, my email is travis@fiberwerx.com

We strive to have the best quality fiberglass out there, along with great customer service. If you guys dont get that, I'm not doing my job! We have also implemented new standards for our fiberglass. Our older glass did not come with cloth. Everything that goes through our door now has a layer of hand laid cloth as the inner surface.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:25 PM   #46
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwerx View Post
Hoping to not step on any toes here.

If anyone has any issues, comments, concerns, etc with Fiberwerx, please direct them to me. My name is Travis, my email is travis@fiberwerx.com

We strive to have the best quality fiberglass out there, along with great customer service. If you guys dont get that, I'm not doing my job! We have also implemented new standards for our fiberglass. Our older glass did not come with cloth. Everything that goes through our door now has a layer of hand laid cloth as the inner surface.
Hey Travis I hit you up the other day on IG gonna need some bedsides soon. Shoot over to my build thread if you can help me out. Also are you guys gonna be at the swapmeet in September?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:45 AM   #47
Fiberwerx is on a distinguished road
Name: Fiberwerx
Fiberwerx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Hey Travis I hit you up the other day on IG gonna need some bedsides soon. Shoot over to my build thread if you can help me out. Also are you guys gonna be at the swapmeet in September?
Just let me know when you're ready!

No solid plans on the swap meet right now, if we do go we will be blowing out some real old stuff.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:02 AM   #48
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiberwerx View Post
Just let me know when you're ready!

No solid plans on the swap meet right now, if we do go we will be blowing out some real old stuff.
It's gonna be after huckfest for sure.

Yeah like every time we go to the fiberwerx booth at the swapmeet. "So what kind of glass is this?" ummmmm some company we bought out
Old 08-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #49
Paiza RIder
87Tcyota is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
87Tcyota's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have any more pics of the any 3.5 fenders. Im also looking at getting some but I'm not a big fan of wide fenders. I like my tires to stick out a little
Old 11-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #50
FEARFACT is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Name: Matt
FEARFACT's Tacoma Gallery
glassworks 3.5.. on the truck when i bought it, i like them but not sure if i would bother with glass for the wheeling i do..im sure these will get destroyed eventually
Attached Thumbnails
Glass fender comparison-devils-playground-2.jpg  
Old 12-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #51
from Dirt bike to Dezert Couch
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
looking for bedsides wider than 4.5, liking the Fiberwerxs but looking for pics of them installed to make a better choice. pics from those runniung them,
Old 12-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #52
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery

these are McNeill 6 inch bedsides.

Their website apparently has their old ones. Im goimg woth those.

Oh and here are my mcneil front glass
Old 12-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #53
Kennyperez is on a distinguished road

Name: Kenny
Kennyperez's Tacoma Gallery
i have fiberwerx 4.5 flare, honestly the quality is great.
Bought them at the curt leduc swap meet in september and honestly the guys there at the fiberwerx tent were really nice they ended up selling me my glass for 190.
corner lights dont fit the best just as ive seen with alot of glass companies.
ill post some pictures later
Old 12-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #54
surfermatt is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
surfermatt's Tacoma Gallery
do all 1st gen front glass have a tab connecting between the headlight and marker lights? My Hannemanns do but I noticed other don't seem too. The reason I ask is because it didn't fit perfect and eventually broke off, now my headlights shake.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #55
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfermatt View Post
do all 1st gen front glass have a tab connecting between the headlight and marker lights? My Hannemanns do but I noticed other don't seem too. The reason I ask is because it didn't fit perfect and eventually broke off, now my headlights shake.
With my glass all my headlights are held in by silicone