DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Glass fender comparison

Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Glass fender comparison

I'm shopping for some fiberglass and could use some help from people more knowledgable. Specifically looking for 1st Gen fenders. My truck is an '03.

I've been looking through the gallery thread and others but I'm not 100% positive which fenders are which when I look at the pics. If you have profile and front shots of any of these fenders would you please post them and say which ones they are?

Glassworks 4.5"

Glassworks 6"

Fiberwerx 4.5"

Hanneman 3.5"

McNiel 4"

Also, as for quality etc what is the best choice? I'm leaning toward the GW 4.5" for my needs but I know its a complete pain in the ass to get anything directly from GW so I'll scouring the classifieds.

TIA.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Quality wise, My Hanneman are rock solid. Like Super solid.

My Fiberwerx are shit. I wouldnt own them if they were not 5 minutes from my house so I didnt have to pay shipping. Weeks after install I got spider cracking. Taillights never fit even close to right. these are a sprayed glass vs hand laid. And to top it off (I know at least 1 other member that will back this) the owner and employees are douche bags. My Fiberwerx are rear glass but still quality would be the same as front.

If there wernt more important things in my life I would sell and upgrade GW or Hanneman or even the McNeil which seem to be becoming more popular.

Old Pic of my Hanneman fronts (right before I put on the LT so probably doesnt look right):

If nobody else beats me to it ill take some with LT front straight on.

For not straight on these are same glass:

Old 01-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks. I've had Hanneman glass on my old '85 and my '93 trucks and I was pleased with the quality but I've gotta be honest the Hannemans are my least favorite looking for the Tacoma. I don't know how to describe it but they look "fat" at the bottom corner in the front and the bottom of the tail end by the door too.

Good to hear about the Fiberwerx not being so good. Would love more opinions to back that up.

I thought McNiel was out of business. The McNiels were my first choice based on looks but I thought they were un-obtanium.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks 6.5" fenders.

From the front.

Couple other shots from the front-ish.

I might get some more straight-on pics
Old 01-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #5
procam11 is on a distinguished road
procam11's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info as I'm about to to a build up on the front of my 04 as I had and accident so I'm going to either do fenders or a one piece front clip. I was going to do a Fiberwerx front clip but I want to make sure it doesn't fall apart in two months.

Mike
Old 01-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks 3.5"

with LT and tube bumper

with LT and stock bumper

Stock suspension and bumper
Old 01-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #7
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I'm shopping for some fiberglass and could use some help from people more knowledgable. Specifically looking for 1st Gen fenders. My truck is an '03.

I've been looking through the gallery thread and others but I'm not 100% positive which fenders are which when I look at the pics. If you have profile and front shots of any of these fenders would you please post them and say which ones they are?

Glassworks 4.5"

Glassworks 6"

Fiberwerx 4.5"

Hanneman 3.5"

Also, as for quality etc what is the best choice? I'm leaning toward the GW 4.5" for my needs but I know its a complete pain in the ass to get anything directly from GW so I'll scouring the classifieds.

TIA.
Dont forget about McNeil.

http://www.mcneilracinginc.com/off-r...1-2004-tacoma/
Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #8
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
OP Just curious what your going to do about your snorkel?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
The McNiels are actually my first choice but as I said earlier, I thought they had closed up shop. My only complaint about the McNiels is the gills. If they had a fender without the gills I'd be all over it.

Added McNiel to my OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
OP Just curious what your going to do about your snorkel?
Probably go custom with the snorkel. I have some ideas.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks 4.5". Fit was awesome and the glass is really stout. Sucks that their service when it comes to shipping is so horrible but I had good experiences when buying straight from them and picking it up. Good luck

Old 01-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
stock spindles and 4.5" BS wheels in all pics

glassworks 3.5 (no LT)

glassworks 3.5 (with LT)

glassworks 4.5

Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #12
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Thanks Matt. Still makes we want the GW 4.5"
Old 01-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #13
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
I just received this reply from Perry Jr.:

McNeil Racing Inc
8:16 PM (8 hours ago)

to me

We are not out of business nor going out of business. Our competitor and cousin; owner of Fiberwerx, Jason McNeil has been making these rumors. I have had about 10 different people tell me the same thing. We are still in business and have some big things coming for 2013.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #14
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
I just received this reply from Perry Jr.:

McNeil Racing Inc
8:16 PM (8 hours ago)

to me

We are not out of business nor going out of business. Our competitor and cousin; owner of Fiberwerx, Jason McNeil has been making these rumors. I have had about 10 different people tell me the same thing. We are still in business and have some big things coming for 2013.
Great news.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #15
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post

Old 01-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #16
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Bump.

Looks like we've got most of the GW fenders covered, as well as Hanneman. Anyone have some Fiberwerx or McNiel fenders they can post up?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #17
Neighborhood Know-it-all

talked to someone at McNeil yesterday. Their website only shows their 4" fender but they have a 6" fender too. they're willing to make me some without the louvers too which is good because I don't like the look of those.

The pics on their website doesn't show the best fitment, which I'm sure could be improved with a little care and time making them work. Probably the same for all the glass options out there.

Would still like to see pics of these on someones truck if anyone has them.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:01 PM   #18
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
talked to someone at McNeil yesterday. Their website only shows their 4" fender but they have a 6" fender too. they're willing to make me some without the louvers too which is good because I don't like the look of those.

The pics on their website doesn't show the best fitment, which I'm sure could be improved with a little care and time making them work. Probably the same for all the glass options out there.

Would still like to see pics of these on someones truck if anyone has them.
did you happen to get a price when you talked to them?, last time i checked the price wasnt listen on the 4" fenders
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #19
Neighborhood Know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
did you happen to get a price when you talked to them?, last time i checked the price wasnt listen on the 4" fenders
Hey told me $300 for the fenders +$50 if I wanted them without the louvers.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #20
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Question: On these fiberglass fenders for Long Travel suspension, is there a lot of fitting required to make them line up? Do you have to trim them to fil one or align properly? And once fotted properly can any body shop paint them to match the rest of the truck?

Long Travel is a long term possibility here, so I am just starting to learn about these fenders.