DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

AP LT or part out and Raptor???

Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #22
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Raptor
Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #23
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Check out this thread and then make a decision.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...h-america.html

It's a built lt truck that will handle anything and mentions that the owner likes it better than the raptor.

Although I've driven a raptor and they sure are nice
Old 01-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #24
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
with your sig (im assuming your truck) you still say raptor? can i ask why? i do think that it would be a better built truck than my tacoma all pieced together. things work better when designed to work together from the beginning obviously. im just torn...
From you're OP it looks like you are leaning more to the want of comfortability. The raptor is extremely smooth to drive, very comfortable interior and is very powerful/fast. And with some changes (deaver leaf pack to get rid of the block and bumpstop kit) the raptor is extremely fun.

I also have my doubts about the all-pro LT kit being worth it as a "long-travel kit" And you're tacoma will not drive the same if it is "fully" built.

I love my tacoma without a doubt, Its just not as comfortable to drive as it once was. And will require multiple mods to get it even close to that.

As said my dad owns a 2011 4-door raptor and loves it, I have also driven it vigorously on and offroad. It is very capable out of the box. But again, as said, a fully LT'd tacoma like mine has almost twice as much travel and is A LOT more fun in the desert than the raptor (but thats because I go balls out)

At the end of the day you have to decide what you are going to be doing with you're truck, And choose appropriately/
Old 01-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #25
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
From you're OP it looks like you are leaning more to the want of comfortability. The raptor is extremely smooth to drive, very comfortable interior and is very powerful/fast. And with some changes (deaver leaf pack to get rid of the block and bumpstop kit) the raptor is extremely fun.

I also have my doubts about the all-pro LT kit being worth it as a "long-travel kit" And you're tacoma will not drive the same if it is "fully" built.

I love my tacoma without a doubt, Its just not as comfortable to drive as it once was. And will require multiple mods to get it even close to that.

As said my dad owns a 2011 4-door raptor and loves it, I have also driven it vigorously on and offroad. It is very capable out of the box. But again, as said, a fully LT'd tacoma like mine has almost twice as much travel and is A LOT more fun in the desert than the raptor (but thats because I go balls out)

At the end of the day you have to decide what you are going to be doing with you're truck, And choose appropriately/
What mods do you need to do to make your truck more comfortable?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #26
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
lighted cup holders and heated seats.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #27
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYWE1...ayer_embedded#!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #28
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Not even sure if its fixable. Need to figure out how to get rid of all the vibes, Solid mount to keep my alignment in spec so my truck doesnt dog track after trips, reweld core support, rebalance wheels and tires for wheel shake after trips & weights fall off. (sometimes). Find and fix all the annoying noises. Just usual TLC.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #29
Quote:
Not even sure if its fixable. Need to figure out how to get rid of all the vibes, Solid mount to keep my alignment in spec so my truck doesnt dog track after trips, reweld core support, rebalance wheels and tires for wheel shake after trips & weights fall off. (sometimes). Find and fix all the annoying noises. Just usual TLC.
Gotcha, im fighting my truck now to make it quiet and comfy as stock and still be what it is.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #30
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Gotcha, im fighting my truck now to make it quiet and comfy as stock and still be what it is.
Its a hard battle. But damn worth it.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #31
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Solid mounting is easy, LSK's approach to it is so far the best (of what i've seen) for that as they don't actually weld anything besides the Cam Tabs.

Some extra bracing & tubes would be good for the core support easily done since you're 2WD.

As for the balancing maybe try some Dyna beads for balancing as then there's no weights to be loose etc
Old 01-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #32
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But, when you actually take a Raptor to the desert and beat on it these things are going to happen too. The Raptor doesnt have special alignment cams, core support, wheels, tires or frames. If you actually want to beat on a Raptor your going to have to put more money into it, and address the bending rear frame immediately

The question is do you want to spend money on? Do you want it to actually perform in the desert? Or do you want to look like you perform in the desert while driving a luxury truck?
Old 01-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #33
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I've been in that raptor and its WAY smooth! Icon 3.0 system all around in OEM locations with bypass' and jounces in the back! Hit up Serena (SDHQ vendor here) she was selling it months ago!

As much as I really like the raptors, I don't have the need for a full sized truck and get a chub everytime I see a built taco! Like RJ's, JD's and all the other LT's in here....I know that's weird but no homo!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #34
Quote:
Its a hard battle. But damn worth it.
Yeah ive primarily taken care of every outside rattle, now i just have a few interior ones to find and fix. i went through and re-torqued skids and bumper and rear springs. drove around windows down radio off and the truck was stealth mode!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I've been in that raptor and its WAY smooth! Icon 3.0 system all around in OEM locations with bypass' and jounces in the back! Hit up Serena (SDHQ vendor here) she was selling it months ago!

As much as I really like the raptors, I don't have the need for a full sized truck and get a chub everytime I see a built taco! Like RJ's, JD's and all the other LT's in here....I know that's weird but no homo!
Haha I like it too but Id rather build my tacoma for cheaper than the $80k that was in that truck lol
Old 01-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #36
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha I like it too but Id rather build my tacoma for cheaper than the $80k that was in that truck lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
That is the key right there. I dont hate Raptors, but if you want a full size truck to perform like a LT Tacoma your going to spend at least double the money
Old 01-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #37
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Just to update you all, Serena's truck was sold about a week ago. BUT, we are building another double cab ecoboost raptor for someone now. He is also selling his 2012 Raptor that we have done all the suspension, bumpers, ect for a very good price given for what he has into it.

BTW, we have a 2010 Tacoma in right now getting some TLC. Ex Lucas Oil pace truck as well as a Tundra we are building to ship over to Dubai.

Now for comparing a LT Tacoma to a Raptor it's really 2 whole different animals. Ya you can have a LT truck to go play with cheaper with a Tacoma, but it still takes some time to get everything on, I think it's enough HP for a smaller truck, and love tacomas personally. But then on the other hand, That $50K price for the raptor your getting a warranty for a truck you can go play with after you drive it off the lot, then drive out of state with the family in it. Your getting a ton of comfort and power, more space, and the sky is the limit after that.

Either way your gonna have a blast driving both.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:06 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Just to update you all, Serena's truck was sold about a week ago. BUT, we are building another double cab ecoboost raptor for someone now. He is also selling his 2012 Raptor that we have done all the suspension, bumpers, ect for a very good price given for what he has into it.

BTW, we have a 2010 Tacoma in right now getting some TLC. Ex Lucas Oil pace truck as well as a Tundra we are building to ship over to Dubai.
Nice, you may not want to get into pricing here but Matt Farah made a comment that it was 10k to upgrade the eco boost but 20k to put an ecoboost in a raptor is that right?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #39
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice, you may not want to get into pricing here but Matt Farah made a comment that it was 10k to upgrade the eco boost but 20k to put an ecoboost in a raptor is that right?
Pretty much, mainly because the frame length is different for that extracab so there was a lot more labor involved. The double cab we are doing will be easier because the bed length and everything swaps over much easier, and a bit cheaper in the aspect labor wise. We also did the first one because it was one of a kind, and still is to this day. You will have a bit stronger trans and gearing with the Raptor start though. Once we get further along in the double cab we will have a much better aspect on costs.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #40

Very cool, great work btw that truck looked awesome.