DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

LT the Rear or Just Bolt in Deavers and Good Shock???

Old 02-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #21
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3187 View Post
I will be running Dakars with King shocks with the compression adjusters on my truck, with TC lt up front and a coil over only. once everything gets to me i can report back on my thoughts.

running with the dakars since 1)already on the truck 2) need/want the under axle clearance 3) i will be pulling an expedition style camp trailer a lot.
Thought you were selling your truck man! Good to hear you got some plans for it though !
Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Thought you were selling your truck man! Good to hear you got some plans for it though !
ha ya, had to re-evaluate my situation and this is the route i decided to go ha,
Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #23
Just call me Daddy
TacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoDaddy's Tacoma Gallery
After a few days of deliberation, I pulled the trigger. 3.5-4" leaf springs from Doug (4WD), BAMF shock relocator, 12" King smooth body resi's, All-Pro SS brake lines and new bumps.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #24
Blk04SR is on a distinguished road

Blk04SR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
id go with defined.

what other information are you wanting on the custom pack? he has already told you everything... he cant give you all the secrets. off the shelf deavers sag like a mad man, pretty quick.
SUA ftw
Technically the defined and any other SUA company is making has a custom pack that is still essentially a production and or a pallet spring. I wasn't asking for all his secrets however there has to more than hey trust me. I just need more info, how many leafs, thickness of the leafs how many stages, and etc. That is the basic information that one would want to know. With what I have seen here I might as well just go a custom set of springs it is just as cheap as a set of production Deavers like I said above. The custom springs are always custom and can be modified in any way I want them later down the line, if I decide to do long travel with bed cage etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3187 View Post
I will be running Dakars with King shocks with the compression adjusters on my truck, with TC lt up front and a coil over only. once everything gets to me i can report back on my thoughts.

running with the dakars since 1)already on the truck 2) need/want the under axle clearance 3) i will be pulling an expedition style camp trailer a lot.
Yeah I will have heavy loads in the bed when I go camping and or make a desert trip with to go ride. Have a dirtbike or two in the bed and gear adds up quick.