DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

what spring with winch bumper

Old 01-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
bh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to behold

bh867's Tacoma Gallery
what spring with winch bumper

i just set up a tc lt kit with a 600lb spring. It feels a lil soft and i was wondering what you guys recommend when running a heavy bumper and winch setup in front? bumper is an arb with xrc8
Attached Thumbnails
what spring with winch bumper-img_1679.jpg  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #2
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Bump
Old 02-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #3
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
First off badass truck..

Have you looked into OME? (Old Man Emu)
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
First off badass truck..

He's lt
Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
OME 886.

Or, if money is no option. Custom King shocks built to your application.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib Bandits View Post
OME 886.
Read above
Old 02-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
First off badass truck..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib Bandits View Post
OME 886.

Or, if money is no option. Custom King shocks built to your application.

OP might need to go up to #650

Eibach or Kings both will suffice!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post

OP might need to go up to #650

Eibach or Kings both will suffice!
I've got Fox on mine with the Eibach springs and it's worked great so far. maybe a tad squishy in the corners after I removed the swaybar, but I like it. Although, I don't have nearly as much weight up front. I agree, find a heavier spring rate. Do you have adjustible valving?
Old 02-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
I'd even consider 700 at 16'', or 650 at 18''.

My 16'' 600 pound springs sagged like Mofo's under my AP bumper, winch, and skids.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #10
Road rage is a hobby
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I'd even consider 700 at 16'', or 650 at 18''.

My 16'' 600 pound springs sagged like Mofo's under my AP bumper, winch, and skids.
I'd see 700 being way too stiff even with armor
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #11
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
700# is just perfect with a bumper, winch, skids and sliders I feel. It's all subjective. I ran 700# without winch and bumper for a few months and that was a tad stiff but not a deal breaker.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #12
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
i would say 650 or 700, just get enough spring to hold up your truck, from there its all about valving to change the stiffness and softness
Old 02-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
bh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to beholdbh867 is a splendid one to behold

bh867's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'm gonna try a 650# and see how it works!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #15
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh867 View Post
Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'm gonna try a 650# and see how it works!
I dont think there is a 3.0 16" 650lb spring available in king or eibach, that is why i went with a 650lb 18". I think you should step up to a 16" 700lb especially with the winch and plate bumper. Too much preload on a coil is no bueno.