DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

96-04 4wd LT

Old 02-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #21
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Damnit Steve.
I still wanna see close ups of how you're doing the LBJ/spindle. Looks slick.

Looks like there's gonna be a used TC kit for sale on TW soon.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #23
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Damnit Steve.

Good

Mind as well Send him the whole truck...it'll be returned to you in the same fashion as the previous Black Tacoma
Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #24
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damnit Steve.

had a feeling youd be taking a close look at this kit
Old 02-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #25
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damnit Steve.

DIBS!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #26
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a standard 8" shock? I have the Camburg specific 8" shocks that collapse to 14 3/8". Could I get a little extra bump travel being 2wd with that shock? Is the current shock extended all the way at droop? There may be a used Camburg kit for sale in the future too
Old 02-15-2013, 09:29 AM   #27
dirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud of

Name: Steve
dirt designs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damnit Steve.

Soon enough young gwass hoppa lol. MAYBE today if i get everything all finished up. Im honestly surprised no one has made this yet. Its all a tight squeeze, but the geometry worked out almost perfect with only 1/4" of axle plunge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Is that a standard 8" shock? I have the Camburg specific 8" shocks that collapse to 14 3/8". Could I get a little extra bump travel being 2wd with that shock? Is the current shock extended all the way at droop? There may be a used Camburg kit for sale in the future too

The shocks I have now arrived yesterday after a rush order due to KOH and a miscommunication at the start of this build (my fail). With the standard 8" he is loosing a little over 1" of uptravel. Im going to redesign the lower arm a little bit to get that 1" back for the production run. This truck is still at 12.5" travel so itll be alright for a guinea pig truck and he was looking for 12-13" travel. If you or anyone else wants to use their current shortened 8" shocks, then i can just use this current arm and a slightly taller shock mount in the stock coil bucket to locate your shock correctly. The shock mount is EASY for me to change up.

And you say 2wd?....i have someone currently looking for a junk stock spindle so i can see about making hub blocks. That someone wants this kit and lift spindles. SOOO 4wd and lift spindle will be in the works. They will be bolt on replacement only for this lower arm though because Im going to take full advantage of the lower uniballs and make a race type spindle, not the standard replacement lift spindles.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #28
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I wont be ready too soon I just dropped a ton on my truck for changes. I think this kit just pushed its way into next in line though, I hate the stock lower ball joint on 1st gens
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #29
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
I wont be ready too soon I just dropped a ton on my truck for changes. I think this kit just pushed its way into next in line though, I hate the stock lower ball joint on 1st gens
Start designing a lower uni adaptor in the meantime. hha
Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #30
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery

this pic is like the type of chick that won't take her bra off when you're banging... there's so much more you want to see but she won't give it up lol
Old 02-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #31
dirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud of

Well i was HONESTLY going to put up pics of the magic adapter tonight because i just painted everything 30min ago but i totally spaced as I was writing a list of parts for another truck coming back into the shop. The magic is not really that impressive which is why i cant believe no ones done it, though there are obstacles to make it work correctly even with how simple it looks....but a patent pending (hopefully just patent soon) will keep anyone else from trying to make one like it and sell it haha .

If any of you know of the black taco i backhalved, that was the list i was writing up. Its coming back for a front and it will be insane!! But all the custom 4wd parts may take a while to get made. Unless bms can ACTUALLY make hubs in less then 9months......theyre claiming 2-3months but Ill believe it when i see it.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
this pic is like the type of chick that won't take her bra off when you're banging... there's so much more you want to see but she won't give it up lol

lol i was actually thinking something along those lines when i took the pics. Some showed a LITTLE too much, so i had to get a different angle haha.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #33

Well guess what got welded onto his spindles today. The final spindle gussets i have designed are one piece and bent to fit the same as these.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #34

Alright ive held you out long enough. Not much to it, but double shear lower uniball, double shear steering with no bumpsteer....everything you need. I dont have pricing together yet, but im getting my machinist to get me some cost numbers so i can get a real price list together for everyone

Old 02-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
That looks great! Do you really have trust in that lower portion of the spindle that the piece attaches to? Or Will the spindle be gusseted?
I trust it. Ive never seen it fail before. Ive seen the ends of others LT lower control arms rip off without any damage to the 4 lower bolt area, so it seems pretty stout
Old 02-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #37

Another pic of the spindle gussets all welded up and painted

And how about a 3 piece bolt on engine cage? Boxed structures on the shock buckets to keep them from blowing out the tops. And a removable tube (1.75x0.120 DOM) to brace the two together. Sorry not for the supercharger. But we do have jigs made so these should be for sale soon.

And some more pics of the kit. Its getting close. Brakelines should be here soon, and then itll be ready for a test drive.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #38
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt designs View Post
Another pic of the spindle gussets all welded up and painted

And how about a 3 piece bolt on engine cage? Boxed structures on the shock buckets to keep them from blowing out the tops. And a removable tube (1.75x0.120 DOM) to brace the two together. Sorry not for the supercharger. But we do have jigs made so these should be for sale soon.

And some more pics of the kit. Its getting close. Brakelines should be here soon, and then itll be ready for a test drive.

Does the brake caliper hit the shock while turning?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #39
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
aye dios mio! loved your work on the diesel chevy in offroad mag.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
aye dios mio! loved your work on the diesel chevy in offroad mag.
Thank you! And the duramax is coming back today for a strip down and build. Full front to back cage, i get to build a bumper on it and toss the one someone else made, and links in the rear. Then itll hit some shows for a couple months and it comes back to get a new frontend....true trophy diesel at that point.

The dodge diesel just raced this weekend at BAP and finished 9th out of 52 trucks!! And that was with a messed up turbo only putting out 11-15psi instead of 30-40psi. The engine temp was at 250 all weekend with peak temps around 275 (higher boost would have dropped the engine temp, magic of the diesels) and so its getting rebuilt with possibly dual turbos and engine tune. I think he'll do one more race then retire it to be the luxo-runner is was built to be. At least hopefully he does because racing messes up ALL trucks and its too nice to be beat to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
Does the brake caliper hit the shock while turning?
Of course!! Full droop and full steering the banjo bolt head has 3/4" clearance on a 600lb spring.