DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

96-04 4wd LT

Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #41
dirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud of

Name: Steve
dirt designs's Tacoma Gallery
Truck went out before i left for BAP, but i didnt have time to upload pics......so here ya go

Hopefully he'll get some larger tires soon

Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #42
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt designs View Post
Thank you! And the duramax is coming back today for a strip down and build. Full front to back cage, i get to build a bumper on it and toss the one someone else made, and links in the rear. Then itll hit some shows for a couple months and it comes back to get a new frontend....true trophy diesel at that point.

The dodge diesel just raced this weekend at BAP and finished 9th out of 52 trucks!! And that was with a messed up turbo only putting out 11-15psi instead of 30-40psi. The engine temp was at 250 all weekend with peak temps around 275 (higher boost would have dropped the engine temp, magic of the diesels) and so its getting rebuilt with possibly dual turbos and engine tune. I think he'll do one more race then retire it to be the luxo-runner is was built to be. At least hopefully he does because racing messes up ALL trucks and its too nice to be beat to death.

Of course!! Full droop and full steering the banjo bolt head has 3/4" clearance on a 600lb spring.
that is awesome man. glad to have you here in the forums. when do you find out about pricing for the taco kit?
Old 02-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #43
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you! And the duramax is coming back today for a strip down and build. Full front to back cage, i get to build a bumper on it and toss the one someone else made, and links in the rear. Then itll hit some shows for a couple months and it comes back to get a new frontend....true trophy diesel at that point.
then its my turn !!!
Old 02-26-2013, 04:54 AM   #44
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
then its my turn !!!

Steve, you say the D-Max is getting a new front end, just curious what's wrong with the current setup or will you be switching it to beams too?
Old 02-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #45
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really good Steve!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #46
dirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
then its my turn !!!
yessir

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post

Steve, you say the D-Max is getting a new front end, just curious what's wrong with the current setup or will you be switching it to beams too?
One issue is no one wants to make a heavy enough spring. He doesnt want to loose much travel by changing the motion ratio.....sooooo why not go TT on it? hahah Yep..
Old 02-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #47

I tried contacting a mod about posting prices, so not sure if its cool

If i can get an order of 5 people i can do a small run of kits at $3k ea.

Included in the kit:
-boxed upper arms with 1"uni and delrin bushings

-boxed lower arms with 1"uni and rubber bushings
*lower delrin is an option, but takes special alignment conditions

-uniball adapter for the stock uprights
*Includes double shear steering tabs with corrected steering

-outer heim steering (tierods+heims)
*This will be threaded into the stock inner tierod

-extended stainless brakelines

-limit straps + upper weld on frame tab

-upper shock mount

-grade 8 bolts

SOOOOO whos interested?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 PM   #49
williamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nice

Name: doug williams
williamsdouglas73's Tacoma Gallery
how about just uca's with uniball?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:30 PM   #51
williamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nice

Name: doug williams
williamsdouglas73's Tacoma Gallery
ahh thanks for the heads up man, looks like its back to searching for camburgs or tc's
Old 02-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsdouglas73 View Post
ahh thanks for the heads up man, looks like its back to searching for camburgs or tc's
Actually, i have replacement ucas designed for this truck. Same look, upper arm uniball, delrin bushings.......
Old 03-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #54
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
PM'd
Old 03-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #56
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
How did I miss this great work!!!

I too hate my lower bj on my burg kit!
Im telling ya he should make a lower uniconversion for our kits.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:32 PM   #57
santabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant future

Name: jordan
santabarbarataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
Im telling ya he should make a lower uniconversion for our kits.
i second this
Old 03-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #59

ill see what i can do in the next few months. Im busy busting out a backhalved duramax for the ventura swapmeet and prepping our taco for a race so time is tight right now. But ill post up when i get something together.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #60
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ill see what i can do in the next few months. Im busy busting out a backhalved duramax for the ventura swapmeet and prepping our taco for a race so time is tight right now. But ill post up when i get something together.
you gonna have anything else displayed at the ventura show? gonna get brian's little bitch ass down here? haha