Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

What Shock do you Rock ?!?

Old 02-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Vince760 is on a distinguished road
Name: Vince
Vince760's Tacoma Gallery
What Shock do you Rock ?!?

Finally ready to order my LT kit but i have mixed feelings about what shocks to get. My top three are King, fox and sway away. What do you guys run and how are they doin for ya? All advice is appreciated.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwanksTaco View Post
Stock..
naaahhhhh...
Old 02-16-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna replace mine in a few months... I haven't really read up on the subject. I got a prerunner so I wont need anything super insanely off-road, but would like a good shock.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runn0r View Post
I wanna replace mine in a few months... I haven't really read up on the subject. I got a prerunner so I wont need anything super insanely off-road, but would like a good shock.
What do you have now bilstein 5100s
Old 02-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #6
Bandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Bandwagon's Tacoma Gallery
What kit are u getting to start with? Some companies offer u a "pre valved" option if u but coil overs thru them, I'm currently running the Camburg lt kit with foxs
Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
What kit are u getting to start with? Some companies offer u a "pre valved" option if u but coil overs thru them, I'm currently running the Camburg lt kit with foxs
Im not even sure on the kit yet either haha Im either goin chaos or burg or built right in San Diego if you ever heard of them. All these kits can mount either of the three shocks i posted though. 4 or 5 of my buddies have always ran sway aways and love them. People i know with kings like them but say they have shitty customer service and have noticed rust on their shafts and leaking seals. I have not heard anything about fox's how do you like them?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #8
Bandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shedBandwagon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Bandwagon's Tacoma Gallery
I have foxs on the front and kings on the back, I have had no issue with either set. It will come down to cost and availability when I add bypasses to the front and coil overs to the rear. Leaning toward kings but that's personal preference, with no real problems behind it.