Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Bedcage thread

Old 03-11-2014, 06:01 PM   #102
Paiza RIder
87Tcyota is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
87Tcyota's Tacoma Gallery
[URL=http://s283.p[URL=http://s283.photobucket.com/user/WOFPBRUTAL/media/20140131_141313_zps088afa82.jpg.html]
Old 03-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #104
surfermatt is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
surfermatt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuflu View Post
Tried to save as much bed as possible and still have long travel.

Where do you keep the spare? stock location?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #106
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasuflu View Post
Yes, spare is mounted in stock location. Tight squeeze but it fit with a little tweaking of the spare tire stops underneath the frame.
I did the same for a while but I really don't trust the spare tire carrier to take all the weight of the tire when I'm really mobbin so I threw it in the bed with some straps, and when I need my full bed I just leave the spare at home.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:28 PM   #107
Baja Taco Enthusiast
TheStevo has a spectacular aura aboutTheStevo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Stevo
TheStevo's Tacoma Gallery
Is there much trimming required on rear fenders, or glass fenders required, with a bedcage and like 16" shocks? and say 33" tires? or 35s?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #108
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStevo View Post
Is there much trimming required on rear fenders, or glass fenders required, with a bedcage and like 16" shocks? and say 33" tires? or 35s?

Bedcage has no effect on the fenders, bolt in that is, 33's are fine, 35's will net some trimming for clearance no matter cage or not.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:12 PM   #109
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStevo View Post
The determining factor will be the leaf springs.

Spring under axle is going to make contact with the stock fender. I still have mine, the tires just give 'em a little kiss every once in a while...
Old 07-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #110
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
bumping this since i just finished my bed cage

Old 08-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #111
SilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverGhost is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 7th Esb 1st FSSG
Name: RayRay
SilverGhost's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 08-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #112
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine since I did a bunch of research looking around at bedcages and didn't find a whole lot.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:18 AM   #113
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Update. New bedcage. 18" shocks

Old 08-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #114
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Here's mine since I did a bunch of research looking around at bedcages and didn't find a whole lot.

Looks great! Can't wait to see her in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post

Badass man! See ya at the glamis meet end October
Old 08-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #115
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joel
jjhitchen's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:

Looks good, but why 18's?
Old 08-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #116
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhitchen View Post
I'm wondering that as well. I'm getting ready to put in the F67 pack and am debating between 16" or 18" shocks.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #117
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post

Badass man! See ya at the glamis meet end October
I really want to come but this year is really tight for time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhitchen View Post
Because I can
And to get 1:1 stroke to travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
I'm wondering that as well. I'm getting ready to put in the F67 pack and am debating between 16" or 18" shocks.
Theres no real reason. They're bigger than most other peoples. I can say I have 18" stroke. It amuses me when people tell me i dont need them.
I tilted them back too which most other people dont do
Edit: this probably makes me sound like a dick, but I just like to be different
Old 08-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #118
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 18's with my DMZ kit on my 2nd gen. The kit cycles about 16" of travel but with trying to keep my toolbox I couldn't quite get 16's to work. In fact uses up most of the 18" stroke as well so I have less than a 1:1 ratio. I would imagine that having a lower ratio would imply that the shock wouldn't have to work as hard to dampen your movement and would heat up slower, but mine still got almost too hot to touch last trip out to the dunes and I don't even have LT up front. haha
Old 08-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #119
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Because I can
And to get 1:1 stroke to travel.

1:1 makes those hard hits not so hard lol

Old 08-17-2014, 07:22 PM   #120
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
I also have 18's at 1:1. It really works well, and the best part is the shocks don't get hot and seem to last forever. Mine are 3.0's too...which means more oil volume. It just cuts down on maintenance. The bad thing is it fucks your bed space and you end up welding all kinds of shit to it to fit your junk back there.

Crammed full of tools, jumper cables, and recovery gear. I'll weld hasps to them and get locks at some point. Or not, I don't live in Barstow anymore.