DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Engage LT kit

Old 03-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #21
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
you mean how many have been documented? I guarantee everyone of those kits have failed in some fashion. And AP isnt racing on their kit either.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #22
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
yikes

I'm out
Old 03-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #23
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
you mean how many have been documented? I guarantee everyone of those kits have failed in some fashion. And AP isnt racing on their kit either.
Tacoman's truck isn't exactly a racetruck...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...s-opinion.html

There is a pattern for DD 2nd Gen LT Tacomas and catastrophic failures... Any kit can fail, some just do it more than others and in more dangerous ways then others.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #24
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
No but all im saying is they are out there at every race bashing their kit and not ripping control arms off.

I personally run my kit every single day to and from work 20 miles of trails/whoops/jumps and have yet to rip a control arm off. Aaron drove his truck into a canyon and just bent his stock spindles. You think engage turned a blind eye to a defect? they obviously addressed the problem. whether it was a bad batch of metal or what.

I guess I can only speak from personal experience. My kit sees dirt every single day. unlike a majority of people on here. Not hating on anyone. I can safely say every time i drive to work my truck sees air 3-5 times. I check my kit periodically and have never had an issue. Take it however you want, I support them, they are great guys that would give you the shirt off their back to help you out.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:01 AM   #25
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Their customer service seems pretty good to me as well, so long as you are local.

My point is this is an issue that shouldn't have to be addressed. In a market where you have two other major players (TC and Camburg) and a myriad of smaller players (AP, LSK, etc.) I wouldn't choose the kit that has had catastrophic failures like that. There's no excuse for not overbuilding that portion of the LCA. It should rip the stock mounts off the frame before it fails.

Stats are stats man. Number of documented cases of all other brand 2nd Gen LT kits failing at the bushing / mounting point = 0.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #26
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
Some have more room for improvement then others...

How many Camburg, TC, or AP kits have had lower control arms separate from the truck because of thin wall tubing?

Its called "R&D" & since you brought up Camburg lets talk about that massive (& expensive) spindle for a sec. For as impressive as it is ( & I agree,it is) you'd think that word would've gotten back to them about that little tab with the hole in it that the front brakeline is supposed to fit, & it absolutely doesn't work without tweaking the shit out of it & bogering it out, I've done 3 sets for guys & every spindle has this albiet somewhat minor flaw, but annoying as hell all the same, & for a $1000.00 chunk of metal I'd expect that of all things to be a non issue, & just because the big name kits haven't hit a wall yet (which behind the scenes you KNOW they have) Doesn't mean they won't...

I'm no fan boy of anyones product but I have dealt with Hass & Engage before & gotta say , very stand up guys & if I was an LT guy I'd run their gear if for no other reason , customer support that I've seen & I'm not that close to them.. but diff. strokes
Old 03-02-2013, 02:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Its called "R&D" & since you brought up Camburg lets talk about that massive (& expensive) spindle for a sec. For as impressive as it is ( & I agree,it is) you'd think that word would've gotten back to them about that little tab with the hole in it that the front brakeline is supposed to fit, & it absolutely doesn't work without tweaking the shit out of it & bogering it out, I've done 3 sets for guys & every spindle has this albiet somewhat minor flaw, but annoying as hell all the same, & for a $1000.00 chunk of metal I'd expect that of all things to be a non issue, & just because the big name kits haven't hit a wall yet (which behind the scenes you KNOW they have) Doesn't mean they won't...

I'm no fan boy of anyones product but I have dealt with Hass & Engage before & gotta say , very stand up guys & if I was an LT guy I'd run their gear if for no other reason , customer support that I've seen & I'm not that close to them.. but diff. strokes
Their great customer service, as evidenced by the willingness to weld an 1/8'' wrap on their kits for free, is awesome.

But it shouldn't be needed. That's my whole point.

Kits should not fall off of trucks. A brake line mounting tab that needs tweaking is one thing, an LCA that separates itself from the vehicle is a whole 'nother.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #28
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
Their great customer service, as evidenced by the willingness to weld an 1/8'' wrap on their kits for free, is awesome.

But it shouldn't be needed. That's my whole point.

Kits should not fall off of trucks. A brake line mounting tab that needs tweaking is one thing, an LCA that separates itself from the vehicle is a whole 'nother.

silly 2nd gen weak ass LCA joints...

jk

Im hoping to go Engage!

thats all i have to say.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #29
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
silly 2nd gen weak ass LCA joints...

jk

Im hoping to go Engage!

thats all i have to say.

I used to think you had a good head on your shoulders.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #31
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Everything you need to consider has already been mentioned in this thread and I'm not gonna beat a dead horse.
As far as customer service, Hass has been very accommodating for the parts I needed. But I wouldn't take an Engage LT kit even as a donation. Seeing as how you live in BFE Wyoming, if you happen to have one of the few...albeit well documented failures, you're pretty much fucked. I had a coworker that lived in the bay area who tried to get some Engage work fixed on his truck and it turned into a logistical nightmare.
Since you're so far out from anything in CA, save yourself the trauma and buy from burg or tc. Anything else is just here today maybe gone tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #32
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I used to think you had a good head on your shoulders.
Lol
Old 03-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #33
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Everything you need to consider has already been mentioned in this thread and I'm not gonna beat a dead horse.
As far as customer service, Hass has been very accommodating for the parts I needed. But I wouldn't take an Engage LT kit even as a donation. Seeing as how you live in BFE Wyoming, if you happen to have one of the few...albeit well documented failures, you're pretty much fucked. I had a coworker that lived in the bay area who tried to get some Engage work fixed on his truck and it turned into a logistical nightmare.
Since you're so far out from anything in CA, save yourself the trauma and buy from burg or tc. Anything else is just here today maybe gone tomorrow.
Valid points. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #34
Kuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really nice

EMS: Emt-I
Name: Ian
Kuhl29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
I got mine for 1900 new...i love it thus far
you got the engage kit for 1900 from them out the door??? was there a deal going on or what?! i would LOVE to get that kit.

as for everyone having this arguement. i have heard nothing but good things about engage's customer service and few if any negative reviews about them... not to mention their kit (allegedly) cycles 16'' vs TC's 13''. i know the likely hood of me using all 16'' is minimal, but i would sure like to have it as a buffer. not to mention, not all of us can drop the money for TC's $4500+ or camburg's $6800+ kits.... i swear im not trying to stir the pot, i'm just sayin that being a full-time student with a part time job, engage seems more appealing... that's all.

but let's all get along and be friegns.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #35
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
me and my stock suspension.. this is the big boy talk up in here. College students(not broke) speaking LT. I hear y'all on that. lol.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #36
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhl29 View Post
you got the engage kit for 1900 from them out the door??? was there a deal going on or what?! i would LOVE to get that kit.

as for everyone having this arguement. i have heard nothing but good things about engage's customer service and few if any negative reviews about them... not to mention their kit (allegedly) cycles 16'' vs TC's 13''. i know the likely hood of me using all 16'' is minimal, but i would sure like to have it as a buffer. not to mention, not all of us can drop the money for TC's $4500+ or camburg's $6800+ kits.... i swear im not trying to stir the pot, i'm just sayin that being a full-time student with a part time job, engage seems more appealing... that's all.

but let's all get along and be friegns.
$1900 on an Engage kit is Black Friday pricing.

Where are you getting the rest of your prices from?
I got my TC kit for $2300 and can get the Burg kit for the same if not cheaper with the TTORA discount.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #37
Kuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really nice

EMS: Emt-I
Name: Ian
Kuhl29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$1900 on an Engage kit is Black Friday pricing.

Where are you getting the rest of your prices from?
I got my TC kit for $2300 and can get the Burg kit for the same if not cheaper with the TTORA discount.

walked into camburg, work down the street from them. (will never do business with them due to the fact that the gentleman i spoke to was both rude, and slightly condescending.) on TC's website, or so i believe.... and from other various sources. (although, these "sources" indeed could be incorrect.)
Old 03-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #38
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Well theres a simple solution for those who berate a product, whether legit or not.......

Design a kit with all the "known" issues corrected & put it out there, this def. gives any bitching or complaining more legitimacy...

& there are those for whatever reason seem to think that a high dollar after market suspension system is supposed to be 100% indestructable...

In what utopian perfect world do you live & where do I sign up ??

Munched Camburg spindle, it happens, does it mean that we condemm the lot of them ??...

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #39
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhl29 View Post
walked into camburg, work down the street from them. (will never do business with them due to the fact that the gentleman i spoke to was both rude, and slightly condescending.) on TC's website, or so i believe.... and from other various sources. (although, these "sources" indeed could be incorrect.)
Then my assumption is $6800 would be for everything....kit (maybe race kit), coilovers, heim steering upgrade, and ass raped on install?

Both TC and Camburg kit themselves can go for $2200-2800 brand new, just like the Engage kit itself goes for $1750 (on the Black Friday sale) and upwards. If you're going to make comparisons, make sure it's apples to apples.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #40
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Munched Camburg spindle, it happens, does it mean that we condemm the lot of them ??...

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Thats a stock spindle..
Edit: Although I did bend a set of camburg spindles lol