DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Engage LT kit

Old 03-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #41
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Thats a stock spindle..
Edit: Although I did bend a set of camburg spindles lol
With a uniball ??

new toyota option ??...
Old 03-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #42
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Well theres a simple solution for those who berate a product, whether legit or not.......

Design a kit with all the "known" issues corrected & put it out there, this def. gives any bitching or complaining more legitimacy...

& there are those for whatever reason seem to think that a high dollar after market suspension system is supposed to be 100% indestructable...

In what utopian perfect world do you live & where do I sign up ??

Munched Camburg spindle, it happens, does it mean that we condemm the lot of them ??...

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

What point are you trying to prove here? That's not even a camburg spindle. It's a factory spindle, gussetted, passenger side, second gen. And if memory serves me, given I see the fox bypass tubes and everything rusted and corroded to shit, that's MJP2's truck...which is a race truck. So yeah.....bent factory spindle...no big suprise.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #43
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
With a uniball ??

new toyota option ??...
I have a uniball bolted into my factory spindles.
The uniball is in the UCA, not the spindle.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #44
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
What point are you trying to prove here? That's not even a camburg spindle. It's a factory spindle gussetted spindle, passenger side, second gen. And if memory serves me, given I see the fox bypass tubes and everything rusted and corroded to shit, that's MJP2's truck...which is a race truck. So yeah.....bent factory spindle...no big suprise.

Well then the internet lied to me too !! I just typed bent camburg spindle & thats what popped up,( It looked small to me too) but the point to make if ya want to cut to the chase is just what I said, don't piss & moan about a product without at least offering up a better constructive solution, instead of just saying " I wouldn't take an Engage kit as a donation."

C'mon Jason , surely you can see the douchyness in that statement
Old 03-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #45
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a uniball bolted into my factory spindles.
The uniball is in the UCA, not the spindle.
Well I appreciate the correction I'm ignorant to most the LT apps, just don't deal with it much & I'm not trying to come off like I DO know ( not flame proof haha)

I just don't see the point of slamming a product without some kind of constructive criticism attached to the statement is all
Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #46
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Well then the internet lied to me too !! I just typed bent camburg spindle & thats what popped up,( It looked small to me too) but the point to make if ya want to cut to the chase is just what I said, don't piss & moan about a product without at least offering up a better constructive solution, instead of just saying " I wouldn't take an Engage kit as a donation."

C'mon Jason , surely you can see the douchyness in that statement
Internet argument failure.

I have no reason to retype what was already well drawn out by Chase and Anthony. And I did offer Monte a perfectly acceptable constructive solution...buy TC or Burg given the fact he's in fucking Wyoming. And I also stated that Hass's service has been great.

Even if I omitted my suggestion, Doug it's a fucking fact, douchy or not. If someone donated an engage kit on my doorstep, it would be in the middle of Lake Tahoe as a boat anchor before the day's end.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:35 PM   #47
Kuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really nice

EMS: Emt-I
Name: Ian
Kuhl29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then my assumption is $6800 would be for everything....kit (maybe race kit), coilovers, heim steering upgrade, and ass raped on install?

Both TC and Camburg kit themselves can go for $2200-2800 brand new, just like the Engage kit itself goes for $1750 (on the Black Friday sale) and upwards. If you're going to make comparisons, make sure it's apples to apples.
oh, most certainly. ill take your word over what i've heard from less credible sources, being that you are a first hand opinion. although, that guy at camburg threw me off quite abit. he appeared "too busy" and "too important" to assist a lesser person like myself. i still remember his face.. that's when you know you've recieved bad service... i was a super fan boy of them for quite some time, 'til that day i walked in. never going back.... what ever works, im just bored with my psuedo-mid travel kit, and ready to move up in the offroad world..(once i buy my giant reign... that is. ) ACTUALLY, and ironically, my new bike will cost about 1000$ more than my lt will, but i'm ok with that.... but that's completely off subject....
Old 03-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #48
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Internet argument failure.

I have no reason to retype what was already well drawn out by Chase and Anthony. And I did offer Monte a perfectly acceptable constructive solution...buy TC or Burg given the fact he's in fucking Wyoming. And I also stated that Hass's service has been great.

Even if I omitted my suggestion, Doug it's a fucking fact, douchy or not. If someone donated an engage kit on my doorstep, it would be in the middle of Lake Tahoe as a boat anchor before the day's end.

Ok, fair enough... what do you fab for an LT kit ? (not being a smart ass, meant as a legit question )
Old 03-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #49
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
$1900 on an Engage kit is Black Friday pricing.

Where are you getting the rest of your prices from?
I got my TC kit for $2300 and can get the Burg kit for the same if not cheaper with the TTORA discount.
For a 1st gen kit though right with bushings.

Nevermind I see your above post .
Old 03-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #50
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Or let me put it this way, what are the weak points to consider when integrating an after market susp. to a truck ? (brand name is a non factor here)
Old 03-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #52
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
Ok, fair enough... what do you fab for an LT kit ? (not being a smart ass, meant as a legit question )
If by "fab" you mean what kit do I prefer/run?

I have TC kit, 96000 with the tube lowers before they came out with the boxed lowers. Honestly to me, it's a wash between TC and Burg in terms of penis length (travel #'s), reliability, and performance. But, the reason I bought TC over Camburg...is some of the very same reason's Mr. Kuhl above mentioned.

Quote:
Or let me put it this way, what are the weak points to consider when integrating an after market susp. to a truck ? (brand name is a non factor here)
First and foremost, strength. I really don't give two shits who's logo is on the outside of it as long as the product is stout and proven. LCA pivots, shock mounts, material thickness LBJ/uniball adapers, double sheering weak points such as the tie rods, internal/external gusseting are all important to me.

Forgive the slight dig, but it's the best examples I can find that show the actual tubing thicknesses. Look at the LCA pivot's on these three pictures and tell me what you would beat the fuck out of in the dirt:

stock:

Engage:

TC:
Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #54
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its called "R&D" & since you brought up Camburg lets talk about that massive (& expensive) spindle for a sec. For as impressive as it is ( & I agree,it is) you'd think that word would've gotten back to them about that little tab with the hole in it that the front brakeline is supposed to fit, & it absolutely doesn't work without tweaking the shit out of it & bogering it out, I've done 3 sets for guys & every spindle has this albiet somewhat minor flaw, but annoying as hell all the same, & for a $1000.00 chunk of metal I'd expect that of all things to be a non issue, & just because the big name kits haven't hit a wall yet (which behind the scenes you KNOW they have) Doesn't mean they won't...s
You're talking about the mid travel spindle. I have taken some freakishly insane hits and my long travel spindle has taken it all. And break line went in just fine when we did mine?
Old 03-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #55
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
i trust this ..............but yes that old engage arm looks sketchy

my engage kit vvv
Old 03-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #56
Kuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really niceKuhl29 is just really nice

Kuhl29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
It was just getting good in here.
hahahah^^^ comic relief in from left field. well done sir.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #57
The Mad Scientist

^Look at that. .240 wall at it's finest, and wrapped.
Not some sketchy ass .095 wall....at best.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:03 PM   #58

Kuhl29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^Look at that. .240 wall at it's finest, and wrapped.
Not some sketchy ass .095 wall....at best.
i will say the pictures don't lie there. that is an impressive selling point, sir.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #59
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Lower control arm failures happened.. and will happen..

I was so paranoid that I had these stock lower control arms beefed the fuck out and am planning to install them Tuesday with new poly urethane bushings.

I am 4x4 so Long travel is not in the cards for me just yet.

Overkill on stock lowers? no way!!! its called insurance for failure to not happen as easily.

This is the last stock part of my entire suspension to be replaced with some sort of upgrade, Thank you Supermoto for your insane vision of a bomb proof stock lower haha

Old 03-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #60
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
..well then..