Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

LT information

Old 03-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
BeEatNU is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
BeEatNU's Tacoma Gallery
LT information

I tried searching but I am so lost, even google didn't help me.

What is the point of LT suspension? What's the difference between ie. King coil overs and some FT suspension.

sorry for the question!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
dumbing it down..
LT uses longer arms in the front and different rear setups to get way, way more travel out of the truck's suspension
It's mainly used for high-speed desert running, so the beefier coilovers and bypasses you see on the trucks are used to control movement of the suspension at speed.

LT guys jump their trucks, run over whoops at speeds that would destroy normal trucks.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
BeEatNU's Tacoma Gallery
thanks good sir.
I very much appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
dumbing it down..
LT uses longer arms in the front and different rear setups to get way, way more travel out of the truck's suspension
It's mainly used for high-speed desert running, so the beefier coilovers and bypasses you see on the trucks are used to control movement of the suspension at speed.

LT guys jump their trucks, run over whoops at speeds that would destroy normal trucks.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:10 AM   #4
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Both tacked at the top of the page:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ere-first.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...formation.html
Old 03-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #5
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
You can also crawl with LT!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #6
BeEatNU's Tacoma Gallery
thanks all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I looked at both and maybe i missed it but none of them actually state what LT is used for, mainly just maintenance and best setups to use.