1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

spring under idea.. Recommended shackle position?

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by volcomstone1223, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Mar 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM
    volcomstone1223

volcomstone1223 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Lake Havasu City
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco LSupreme
    Solo DMZ
    So ive been looking around to how i want to setup the rear of my 05 taco and i was looking at spring under kits. With some companies wanting $1300+ i had this idea in my head of getting the all pro springs $399, shackle flip (ATO $179) with extended shackles Spring under wiy kit $180 = Less than 800 bucks

Which brings me to my next question, i come from building rangers so i dont know very much about tacomas but i know rangers perform better with the shackle up, deaver springs are made for them to be flipped (up), which the tacoma already comes stock in this position. What do you think is best for tacomas would it be a better ride with it in this same position? How will flipping the shackle so it is down affect the ride?

If i went spring under with allpro springs and keep the shackle how it is i will be dropping the rear end about 2-3" which is why im wondering

2. Mar 22, 2013 at 1:33 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    For a $399 spring pack, you're talking about either the all pro standard or all pro expo leaf packs. You're not going to be able to do SUA without dropping the truck on it's nuts with that pack. You're got a 3" axle tube and another 3" of leaf pack so you'll end up dropping the rear 6 inches.

There's a reason SUA kits are expensive. It's a custom length shackle and significantly longer springs (on the order of 62"). More importantly if you want to do a shackle flip for SUA LT, it's not just getting a shackle flip like the ATO (which is below the frame) and calling it a day. Most guys on here end up with the top of the shackle above the frame and a 12" shackle to allow for the latteral compression of the extended length leaf pack.

Might wanna read through these:
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/long-travel-suspension/56245-long-travel-information.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lo...-considering-long-travel-read-here-first.html

3. Jun 26, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
  4. Jun 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lo...7-long-travel-bs-thread-1811.html#post7077389

:cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top