DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

spring under idea.. Recommended shackle position?

Old 03-22-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
volcomstone1223 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: John
volcomstone1223's Tacoma Gallery
spring under idea.. Recommended shackle position?

So ive been looking around to how i want to setup the rear of my 05 taco and i was looking at spring under kits. With some companies wanting $1300+ i had this idea in my head of getting the all pro springs $399, shackle flip (ATO $179) with extended shackles Spring under wiy kit $180 = Less than 800 bucks

Which brings me to my next question, i come from building rangers so i dont know very much about tacomas but i know rangers perform better with the shackle up, deaver springs are made for them to be flipped (up), which the tacoma already comes stock in this position. What do you think is best for tacomas would it be a better ride with it in this same position? How will flipping the shackle so it is down affect the ride?

If i went spring under with allpro springs and keep the shackle how it is i will be dropping the rear end about 2-3" which is why im wondering
Old 03-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomstone1223 View Post
So ive been looking around to how i want to setup the rear of my 05 taco and i was looking at spring under kits. With some companies wanting $1300+ i had this idea in my head of getting the all pro springs $399, shackle flip (ATO $179) with extended shackles Spring under wiy kit $180 = Less than 800 bucks

Which brings me to my next question, i come from building rangers so i dont know very much about tacomas but i know rangers perform better with the shackle up, deaver springs are made for them to be flipped (up), which the tacoma already comes stock in this position. What do you think is best for tacomas would it be a better ride with it in this same position? How will flipping the shackle so it is down affect the ride?

If i went spring under with allpro springs and keep the shackle how it is i will be dropping the rear end about 2-3" which is why im wondering
For a $399 spring pack, you're talking about either the all pro standard or all pro expo leaf packs. You're not going to be able to do SUA without dropping the truck on it's nuts with that pack. You're got a 3" axle tube and another 3" of leaf pack so you'll end up dropping the rear 6 inches.

There's a reason SUA kits are expensive. It's a custom length shackle and significantly longer springs (on the order of 62"). More importantly if you want to do a shackle flip for SUA LT, it's not just getting a shackle flip like the ATO (which is below the frame) and calling it a day. Most guys on here end up with the top of the shackle above the frame and a 12" shackle to allow for the latteral compression of the extended length leaf pack.

Might wanna read through these:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...formation.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ere-first.html
Old 06-26-2013, 07:04 AM   #3
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
WURD!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomstone1223 View Post

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ml#post7077389