DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

L/T advice please

Old 05-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
your what hurts!?!?!?
Boosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud of
Name: Zeb
Boosted TRD's Tacoma Gallery
L/T advice please

So I'm getting ready to go L/T front & rear. Need some advice for the rear. I want to keep as much bed space as possible for bikes and stuff. Does anyone make a basic bolt on L/T rear kit or is it gonna be pretty much all custom??? please give your thoughts and input as to what you'd recommend, steer clear of ect...
Old 05-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, I think Jerry (BAMF) makes some weld on shock relocators, other than that I think you'll need a cage in the bed.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
If you want real LT in the rear you're going to need a bed cage.
You can get "bed saving" cages but you're going to have shocks coming through somewhere. Lots of guys have bedcages that leave enough room for stuff, its not like you have to have a full tube bed.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
your what hurts!?!?!?
Boosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud ofBoosted TRD has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Hmm, I think Jerry (BAMF) makes some weld on shock relocators, other than that I think you'll need a cage in the bed.
Thanks I'll look in to what he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post
If you want real LT in the rear you're going to need a bed cage.
You can get "bed saving" cages but you're going to have shocks coming through somewhere. Lots of guys have bedcages that leave enough room for stuff, its not like you have to have a full tube bed.
I don't mind having bed cage, just so long as I have room to put some gear, dirt bike, etc... Just looking for some opinions & ideas. I'm hopping to start the build within the next couple months.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Search cantilever long travel. More expensive but takes up ZERO bed space.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
If you swap out for a wider rear end, you can put your shocks outside the frame rails and keep almost all of your bed space. Also since you are in SoCal, there are plenty of shops and quality garage fabricators in the area that can build you a bedcage for a good price. Here's mine. Just need to sheet metal the wheel wells back in and I have virtually my entire bed.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
your what hurts!?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
Search cantilever long travel. More expensive but takes up ZERO bed space.
Cantilever system would be bad ass, but can't find anything currant. All the threads I've found are from like 3 years ago. You have any idea who makes a kit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post
If you swap out for a wider rear end, you can put your shocks outside the frame rails and keep almost all of your bed space. Also since you are in SoCal, there are plenty of shops and quality garage fabricators in the area that can build you a bedcage for a good price. Here's mine. Just need to sheet metal the wheel wells back in and I have virtually my entire bed.

Thanks, I'll look at my options.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #8
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
Give BTF Fabrication a call. They have built a lot of cantilever setups and countless bedcages and they do realllllly clean work at a reasonable price. Here's a thread with reviews on them... http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/shop-reviews/119949.htm
Old 05-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
your what hurts!?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post
Give BTF Fabrication a call. They have built a lot of cantilever setups and countless bedcages and they do realllllly clean work at a reasonable price. Here's a thread with reviews on them... http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/shop-reviews/119949.htm
Thanks, gonna check it out!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Here my build.. No cutting into the bed.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-build-4.html
Old 05-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #11
your what hurts!?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Here my build.. No cutting into the bed.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-build-4.html
Looks like a sweet setup, I'm a first gen. Isn't the rear wider on the second gen giving you a little more room for the shocks to be in the fender well like that? Or does it rub during heavy articulation?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #12
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OOO I didn't notice you were first gen sorry. I'm running spacers in the rear to clear the bypass.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #13
your what hurts!?!?!?
All good! Nice looking setup tho!
Old 05-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #14
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
this

Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #15

Love that setup.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
your what hurts!?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
this

Yes! That's sick! Who built it, Cost, travel, how's it on the street & in the rough stuff ect...
Old 05-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #17
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
lsk suspension built it...10" double bypass with deaver f67 leaf springs...it rides really good on the street and offroad too....no idea on cost though...hit up the owner santabarbarataco
Old 05-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #18
your what hurts!?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
lsk suspension built it...10" double bypass with deaver f67 leaf springs...it rides really good on the street and offroad too....no idea on cost though...hit up the owner santabarbarataco
I will hit him up, thanks bro!
Old 05-14-2013, 12:23 PM   #19
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
if your looking for a cantilever system, here is what EngageOffRoad has to offer and also we can sell this as a complete kit, or a data file or a WIY (Weld It Yourself) Kit to save you significant $$$, if you are interested contact us here on TW ....Engage

Old 05-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #20
your what hurts!?!?!?
Please post some more pics, the ones you posted don't really show much of anything...