DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

+2" Long Travel kit + SUA underbed - Shock sizes??

Old 05-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #21
TRUKWERX : Desert Racing Products
Only Danks is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryant
Only Danks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
If you want more than 10" of travel but want to stay under bed then go Defined.
yea seems to be the best option for me, as to not cut my bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
Here is my build maybe it will give you some ideas.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-build-4.html
Thanx bro, nice build! any pics of how the shock hoops are reinforced on the inner side?
Old 06-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #22
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
So what did you decide ?
Old 06-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #23
AK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
AK 08TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered the DMZ kit and plan on doing the hoops with 12" shocks as I want to retain all my bed space. If I find that it's not sufficient or want to upgrade down the road, I have a system that is capable of more with shocks and a cage.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
So what did you decide ?
I finally pulled the plug on MT a few weeks ago since im still at 46k.

Went with All-pro leaf pack, 10"x 2.0 Fox RR shock that DSMS built for me.
In the front: Fabtech UCA, with 6"x 2.5 Fox RR coilover
Also did some gussetting( TC kits): spindles , cam tabs , coilover buckets

Note: the original revtek spacer lift that came on my truck had a 2" spring preload spacer AND a 1/4" spacer that went on top the whole shock.
I threw this 1/4" spacer in to help get a little lift without preloading the spring as much in matching to the almost 3" lift in the rear. Comments?

Il be measuring for air bumps and straps on all four, but so far around town truck seems stiff and im trying to stay hopefull.
Cant wait to do some tuning and get off road to see what it feels like.

At 100k il prolly be ready for LT. But if your like me your always thinking about it. But glad il had more time to plan/decide because iv gone between so different options and changed my mind ect...

I was pretty set on the defined SUA kit wen i LT, but the pics of their shackles dont look all that different. i like the 9" or 12" other kits are using. are these new rear hangers?

And now im leaning toward a +2" front kit so i can match the rear with a 2" wheel spacer...still cant get over mismatched track width..
Old 02-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #25
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Danks View Post
I finally pulled the plug on MT a few weeks ago since im still at 46k.

Went with All-pro leaf pack, 10"x 2.0 Fox RR shock that DSMS built for me.
In the front: Fabtech UCA, with 6"x 2.5 Fox RR coilover
Also did some gussetting( TC kits): spindles , cam tabs , coilover buckets

Note: the original revtek spacer lift that came on my truck had a 2" spring preload spacer AND a 1/4" spacer that went on top the whole shock.
I threw this 1/4" spacer in to help get a little lift without preloading the spring as much in matching to the almost 3" lift in the rear. Comments?

Il be measuring for air bumps and straps on all four, but so far around town truck seems stiff and im trying to stay hopefull.
Cant wait to do some tuning and get off road to see what it feels like.

At 100k il prolly be ready for LT. But if your like me your always thinking about it. But glad il had more time to plan/decide because iv gone between so different options and changed my mind ect...

I was pretty set on the defined SUA kit wen i LT, but the pics of their shackles dont look all that different. i like the 9" or 12" other kits are using. are these new rear hangers?

And now im leaning toward a +2" front kit so i can match the rear with a 2" wheel spacer...still cant get over mismatched track width..
I've got the all-pro +2 kit with fox coilovers on the front, defined engineering sua in the back with 16'' 2 tube king bypasses. 1.5'' wheel spacers in the back to match it up. 2'' seems wide for a spacer, and my setup seems to track pretty straight for an LT truck (I desperately need an alignment though). The defined sua is great, you just need to run weight in the back (i'm running spare, jack, and plate rear bumper....
Old 02-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
I've got the all-pro +2 kit with fox coilovers on the front, defined engineering sua in the back with 16'' 2 tube king bypasses. 1.5'' wheel spacers in the back to match it up. 2'' seems wide for a spacer, and my setup seems to track pretty straight for an LT truck (I desperately need an alignment though). The defined sua is great, you just need to run weight in the back (i'm running spare, jack, and plate rear bumper....
Is it a 8" LT coilover that they would use for a +3.5 kit? King told me that's what they would send me but preloaded or modded somehow.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #27
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Danks View Post
Is it a 8" LT coilover that they would use for a +3.5 kit? King told me that's what they would send me but un-preloaded or modded somehow.
yea don't think it's a true 8 inch shock. I'd put it at like a 7'' coilover but I don't know for sure...