DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

mcniel 3x3 fenders?

Old 06-17-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
kellen.kellen is on a distinguished road

kellen.kellen's Tacoma Gallery
mcniel 3x3 fenders?

Does anyone know if these fenders will line up close with the factory bumper lines similar to the trailer products fenders? Im lookin at pullin the trigger on a plate bumper and TC's 2+ kit coming up soon.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
I would also like to see some pictures of these. Wondering if they would go well with my AP 2+ kit.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Csjumper2003 has a set on his truck.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
To answer you question they don't come back to stock bumper lines but you can add some plate to the side of the bumper to match.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #5
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I had a bumper built by DTF^^^ and I think that was based on stock bumper lines.
I also had a 2.5" over kit built by DTF and the 4x3 glass was perfect. Ill post some pictures when in not on mobile
Old 06-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on adding plates to match. Was considering doing that before i ditched my plate bumper to match mine with my 6" flares
Old 06-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 06-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #8
kellen.kellen is on a distinguished road

kellen.kellen's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ right on those look good, and those are 3x4 mcniel fenders?

as for making a small bumper cap, if necessary... for those who have thought of giving it a try, do you think it would it best to get a raw steel bumper and then make the caps, weld then powdercoat? Or my other idea would be to just make small caps out of tin and and pop rivet them on or something?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellen.kellen View Post
^^^ right on those look good, and those are 3x4 mcniel fenders?

as for making a small bumper cap, if necessary... for those who have thought of giving it a try, do you think it would it best to get a raw steel bumper and then make the caps, weld then powdercoat? Or my other idea would be to just make small caps out of tin and and pop rivet them on or something?
Yeah the 3x4 glass. Looked perfect with a 2.5" over kit