DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Dirt Designs 05+ Taco 4WD RACE kit

Old 07-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #141
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
So hows this kit holding up?
Old 07-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #142
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joel
jjhitchen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
So hows this kit holding up?
Shes doing just fine

Now I am crunching numbers and figuring out what will happen in the rear
Old 07-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #143
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhitchen View Post
Shes doing just fine

Now I am crunching numbers and figuring out what will happen in the rear
Looks amazing. ...I say you do a canti setup. Get yourself 20" of travel to utilize that front end. You've already gone big...why stop now?
Old 07-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #144
Relentless
jjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjhitchen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
Looks amazing. ...I say you do a canti setup. Get yourself 20" of travel to utilize that front end. You've already gone big...why stop now?
Thank you!
Steve and I are going to figure out what the rear needs, we have something in mind but its just on the drawing board for now.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #145
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
any updates of the status of this truck and kit? excited to see more vids of this kit in action.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #146
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Link it don't even mess with leafs
Old 08-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #148
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Link it don't even mess with leafs
Haha yeah that's what we are talking about, D4 links (Dirt Design daily driver link) I have ridden in linked trucks and there's no comparison. Apples and oranges.... Links dominate haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernel114 View Post
any updates of the status of this truck and kit? excited to see more vids of this kit in action.
I'm gonna post up some more pics soon, I've been moving and getting ready for school to start so life has been busy busy. Right now I am finishing up the loose ends like getting my spare secured, moving the battery and reinforcing my fiberglass... just a bunch of small things. The kit drives so well on the road I have been daily driving it and love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
not a bad idea...can it be done before huckfest 2013 though...hmmm
Hah noo not ready for huckfest.. Steve has bigger projects to deal with like the blue Duramax getting beams. I don't think I am going to take my truck out to huckfest, too many ppl.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #149
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Oh come on take your truck out...i wanna see it.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #150
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't think I am going to take my truck out to huckfest, too many ppl.
just wait, youll wish you did. i said faawk it and im bringing mine.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #151
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha yeah that's what we are talking about, D4 links (Dirt Design daily driver link) I have ridden in linked trucks and there's no comparison. Apples and oranges.... Links dominate haha
Any idea on what the d4 links will be? Similar to giant motorsports daily driver link kit?
Old 08-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #152
dirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud of

Name: Steve
dirt designs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernel114 View Post
Any idea on what the d4 links will be? Similar to giant motorsports daily driver link kit?
Nope something completely different. Its going to be tight space so we'll see how it works out. No info till i get it on a truck
Old 08-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #153
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt designs View Post
Nope something completely different. Its going to be tight space so we'll see how it works out. No info till i get it on a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
Oh come on take your truck out...i wanna see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
just wait, youll wish you did. i said faawk it and im bringing mine.
okay ill take her out haha
Old 08-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #154
Relentless

Photoshoot with B Free media today, such a fun day.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #155
Relentless

Rear LT is on the way, the two big items have been purchased and I am so ready to be done with the stock rear suspension.
Here are a few of the better pics that have been taken of the truck while I was saving up for the rear LT

racing down fence line

#stanceworks

#dirtdesigns

Some instagram shout outs, kinda cool.

lil J-Smith action in there
Old 02-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #156
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Steve. Will the kit work with total chaos coilbucket gussets and can you run a secondary shock tab and stock bumpstop off the lowers with the coilovers.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:13 AM   #157
dirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud ofdirt designs has much to be proud of

Name: Steve
dirt designs's Tacoma Gallery
sure does
Old 06-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #158
volcomstone1223 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: John
volcomstone1223's Tacoma Gallery
Is there any room for improvement if switching to an engine cage or is this kit basically at full potential with stock coil bucket?
Old 06-11-2014, 10:36 PM   #159
Relentless

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomstone1223 View Post
Is there any room for improvement if switching to an engine cage or is this kit basically at full potential with stock coil bucket?
To my knowledge, the kit is limited on up travel by the inner fender. With an engine cage and removed inner fender the kit would then be at full potential and yeild 16" of functioning 4wd. With the inner fender I am bumped and strapped at 14".

The uppers and lowers are designed to bolt onto the stock mounting locations so keeping the stock bucket would probably be ideal. But if you are going to engine cage you could probably make new mounts and cut out the coil bucket.

I will say, the 14" of travel my 4wd kit pulls now really pushes my rear lt to its limits. I want links and this kit rocks.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:41 PM   #160
pasotaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
pasotaco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd