Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

MT Front/LT Rear

Old 07-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
CliffordBRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Cliff
CliffordBRD's Tacoma Gallery
MT Front/LT Rear

I have not started anywhere lifting/doing anything yet, but what I'm thinking is to LT the rear since that seems like the best place to start by collecting parts and such.

I know I've seen some MT front and LT rear people on here and just curious to know your setup and where to begin as far as getting things going. Start with the springs and figure out the shock length? then to the bed cage fabrication?

Thought/suggestions on the topic?
Old 07-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
good decision...that's what I did.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
If you are collecting parts and waiting, I would just collect all the parts for LT up front as well.

most people who have M/T front had a full M/T set up then decided to go with LT. Dont waste your money if you are just going to go with an LT set up one day up front.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #4
Easy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud of
Easy rider's Tacoma Gallery
I would really ponder how much you are willing spend total on your truck and work within that budget. Because things can get out of control quickly (budget wise). I have had a lot of fun in friends trucks that just had a UCA/coilover & replacement pack deavers w/ smoothies. My first truck had 3 stages, 1. LT/and bolt in bedcage, 2. LT/ truck fully caged with deavers, 3. Full blown 1450 truck...
Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy rider View Post
I would really ponder how much you are willing spend total on your truck and work within that budget. Because things can get out of control quickly (budget wise). I have had a lot of fun in friends trucks that just had a UCA/coilover & replacement pack deavers w/ smoothies. My first truck had 3 stages, 1. LT/and bolt in bedcage, 2. LT/ truck fully caged with deavers, 3. Full blown 1450 truck...

This.
I was all set on going LT till I got to pre run a race in one. It was fuckin incredible how you could just fly 60+ over stuff that would destroy any other truck.
Then one bolt broke and the front coil came out, ripped the brake line... then the rear caliber ripped the weld off the axle and destroyed the brake line there... we barely limped back to camp and I started to realize just how slippery that slope is from 7-10 ish grand to get the LT complete on to the 25K you'll end up putting into it...

anyways, I'm in the same boat OP. I'm gonna get my Mid up front & I really want to go LT in rear just from the awful way the rear handles stock. Not gonna race it, but like to screw around sometimes and climb around most of the time.

or, I was thinking of getting the new leaf pack with mid travel rear and putting in hydraulic bump stops? any opinions?