1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MT Front/LT Rear

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by CliffordBRD, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Jul 13, 2013 at 11:25 AM
    CliffordBRD

CliffordBRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4x4 Pyrite Mica
    I have not started anywhere lifting/doing anything yet, but what I'm thinking is to LT the rear since that seems like the best place to start by collecting parts and such.

I know I've seen some MT front and LT rear people on here and just curious to know your setup and where to begin as far as getting things going. Start with the springs and figure out the shock length? then to the bed cage fabrication?

Thought/suggestions on the topic?

2. Jul 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    good decision...that's what I did.

3. Jul 21, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    If you are collecting parts and waiting, I would just collect all the parts for LT up front as well.

most people who have M/T front had a full M/T set up then decided to go with LT. Dont waste your money if you are just going to go with an LT set up one day up front.

4. Jul 21, 2013 at 9:55 PM
    Easy rider

Easy rider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    18' T4R 4x4 LT TC 3.5 over
    I would really ponder how much you are willing spend total on your truck and work within that budget. Because things can get out of control quickly (budget wise). I have had a lot of fun in friends trucks that just had a UCA/coilover & replacement pack deavers w/ smoothies. My first truck had 3 stages, 1. LT/and bolt in bedcage, 2. LT/ truck fully caged with deavers, 3. Full blown 1450 truck...

5. Sep 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    Spencer

Spencer Future President

Member:
    First Name:
    TIGGLEBITTIES
    Upland, Chino... all of 909.
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB 4X4 6cyl Sex Machine
    Redline hood lift, Flyzeye cabin lights, tailgate lock, SPOD Power block, VIAR onboard air, Cobra CB radio, Firestick 4' Antenna, Hot Blonde CoPilot Mod, SIX 9" Hella 4000 HID conversion with external 55W ballasts, Six 6" LED bars, Napier Bed Tent, Mudflaps delete using rocks, Roof rack by Brute force, Rock sliders by Brute force, Bed LED lights, Underhood LED automatic lights, Constant 12V bed plug, Rugged race radio, ICON uniball UCA's, KING 2.5 700 rate coilovers, Deaver rear leaf springs, KING 2.5 resi rear shocks (Flat 0.15 stack on compression shims), Scangauge, Empty wallet Mod Bug disease, AllPro Apex front bumper, On board heat exchange shower & water pump (Heater Core intercept mod), On Board Air - Viair for now, ARB when it dies-, allpro Skids back to gas tank- Tepui RTT on the shittiest "Bed Rack" ever made.... AllPro U Bolt flip kit with timbren bumps NEXT UP- expo leafs & bed rack, hydraulic bumps in rear, Total Chaos stock LCA's w/ Bypass, Rear 12" shock hoop relocate

This.
    I was all set on going LT till I got to pre run a race in one. It was fuckin incredible how you could just fly 60+ over stuff that would destroy any other truck.
    Then one bolt broke and the front coil came out, ripped the brake line... then the rear caliber ripped the weld off the axle and destroyed the brake line there... we barely limped back to camp and I started to realize just how slippery that slope is from 7-10 ish grand to get the LT complete on to the 25K you'll end up putting into it...

anyways, I'm in the same boat OP. I'm gonna get my Mid up front & I really want to go LT in rear just from the awful way the rear handles stock. Not gonna race it, but like to screw around sometimes and climb around most of the time.

or, I was thinking of getting the new leaf pack with mid travel rear and putting in hydraulic bump stops? any opinions?

Products Discussed in

To Top