DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Solo Motorsports build

Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
Easy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud of
Easy rider's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Solo Motorsports build

Decided to post a build thread...

Dropped off my 13 Doublecab tacoma 2wd @ Solo today. I'll keep you guys updated with pix as work gets done. Its going in for:

19" kit in the front 10" C/O w. bump (didnt save enough for bypasses for the front)
glass all around painted
new bumpers
35's on black 17" Pro comp 7089's
4:88 gears in the rear w/ 1.25 spidertrax
bedcage w/ dmz spring under kit w/ triple bypass.

think thats about it...it will be good to get back into the desert (gone since i sold my linked 04 ranger edge in 09). Right now all i have is some tear down shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Solo Motorsports build-tacoma01.jpg   Solo Motorsports build-tacoma02.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
This is going to be sweet!

Poor brand new truck. But must be nice to work on a clean truck.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, go big or go home!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Doing any gusseting Or Strengthening ? Boxed uppers or steering upgrade ?
Old 08-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #5
Easy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud ofEasy rider has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=Gelo760;7288062]Doing any gusseting Or Strengthening ? Boxed uppers or steering upgrade ?[/QUOTE}]

Yes, gusseting & steering upgrade. Im going tube uppers...Ive never had a problem or seen a problem with correctly built tube upper.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #6
AK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK 08TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
AK 08TACO's Tacoma Gallery
subs. to see the progress
Old 08-13-2013, 01:15 AM   #8
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
niiceeeee. If you pay attention to detail as much as you did on the ranger this is going to be one sweet ass build
Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #11
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
subbed for sure
Old 08-13-2013, 02:15 PM   #12
sully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sully1981's Tacoma Gallery
nice. They are almost done building my kit too. Been waiting a month and a half. I am doing my own install so hopefully its not to involved. Only difference is i have 4WD and trying to save the extra $$$ for the axels. Can't wait for mine and to see the progress of yours.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #13
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1981 View Post
nice. They are almost done building my kit too. Been waiting a month and a half. I am doing my own install so hopefully its not to involved. Only difference is i have 4WD and trying to save the extra $$$ for the axels. Can't wait for mine and to see the progress of yours.
What are your plans with the rear when your front has more travel?
Old 08-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #14
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Subbing for updated pics!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #15
sully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsully1981 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sully1981's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
What are your plans with the rear when your front has more travel?
Well its only money right. haha I have 15" right now with the defined SUA kit so gonna see how it does but im sure eventually i will either go to the giant kit or link it. like i said its only money.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #18
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd!
Got pics of the ranger?
Old 08-14-2013, 12:21 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
sub'd!
Got pics of the ranger?
here are pix of my old ranger...still miss it.
Attached Thumbnails
Solo Motorsports build-alliance-edge-05.jpg   Solo Motorsports build-alliance-edge-10.jpg   Solo Motorsports build-alliance-edge-31.jpg   Solo Motorsports build-alliance-edge-46.jpg  
Old 08-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #20
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery

nice ranger