DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Custom Fabbed long Travel A-arms

Old 08-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #21
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
good luck man
Old 08-31-2013, 10:30 PM   #22
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrndnCrvlho2wd View Post
Thnks for all the great info. I was definatiely going to make a jig using the dimensions of one of the kits and I work at Viking Offroad Engineering in Ventura, CA and the shop owner could tell me what kinds of tubing i should use(if i could afford it i was thinking Chromoly) and the best way to build it. And btw i know the world of offroad is expensive but when theres a will theres a way and money isnt gonna stop me, slow me down probably, but not stopping me.
shiiiit... you work at viking??? why you posting up in here???

save your pennies and pay Shawn to teach you all the in's and out's of building a kit, but actually build it yourself!!!

don't be a bitch and copy some other companies work. either buy their kit or build your own.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:21 AM   #23
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Custom Fabbed long Travel A-arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
shiiiit... you work at ........??? why you posting up in here???

save your pennies and pay Shawn to teach you all the in's and out's of building a kit, but actually build it yourself!!!

don't be a bitch and copy some other companies work. either buy their kit or build your own.
This X100000 don't just jig someone else's kit, that's not cool. Read and read some more. Get the book "Engineered to win". Read it over and over. Don't just blindly build a kit. Learn everything that goes into building suspension before you ever attempt building your own. Your really trying to jump into this too fast. Please don't be the asshole who just steals all the work someone else put into design.

On a side note, if the owner of the shop that you work at is a stand up fabricator at all he would fire you for asking about copying someone else's kit on a forum like this. Just by asking this question you tarnished the name of the shop you work at. Hopefully the owner fixes this quickly.

Edit: people might wonder why I never used the name of the name of the shop you work at in my post. It's because I don't want them responsible for an employee that did something like this without their knowledge.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:42 AM   #24
BrndnCrvlho2wd is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
BrndnCrvlho2wd's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is about custom fabbed LT. Not the price of the equipment and not about race proven kits.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:54 AM   #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
This X100000 don't just jig someone else's kit, that's not cool. Read and read some more. Get the book "Engineered to win". Read it over and over. Don't just blindly build a kit. Learn everything that goes into building suspension before you ever attempt building your own. Your really trying to jump into this too fast. Please don't be the asshole who just steals all the work someone else put into design.

On a side note, if the owner of the shop that you work at is a stand up fabricator at all he would fire you for asking about copying someone else's kit on a forum like this. Just by asking this question you tarnished the name of the shop you work at. Hopefully the owner fixes this quickly.

Edit: people might wonder why I never used the name of the name of the shop you work at in my post. It's because I don't want them responsible for an employee that did something like this without their knowledge.
i posted this thread to get feedback on an idea i had. im pretty sure im not tarnishing any name by asking a question.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #26
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, LTJG 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
It really seems like you came in hear hoping everyone would tell you it's a great idea to steal some one else's creative property, and save money by building it yourself, even though you work under a seasoned professional that could probably teach you how to design your own kit.

Well, The general consensus here is that: it's not ethically right to copy some one else's kit when they put a lot of effort into designing it, and long travel isn't something you get into if you're not either financially equipped or a seasoned fabricator. Cutting corners in this game will get you, or some one else, killed.

FYI: Mid travel set-ups are much easier on fabrication and maintenance cost, and can be a lot of fun to learn on. I built a full mid travel suspension on my daily driver and it was awesome out in the desert.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #27
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
I heard Batch Racing has a really good kit to mimic
Old 09-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #28
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Batch Racing
Old 09-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
It really seems like you came in hear hoping everyone would tell you it's a great idea to steal some one else's creative property, and save money by building it yourself, even though you work under a seasoned professional that could probably teach you how to design your own kit.

Well, The general consensus here is that: it's not ethically right to copy some one else's kit when they put a lot of effort into designing it, and long travel isn't something you get into if you're not either financially equipped or a seasoned fabricator. Cutting corners in this game will get you, or some one else, killed.

FYI: Mid travel set-ups are much easier on fabrication and maintenance cost, and can be a lot of fun to learn on. I built a full mid travel suspension on my daily driver and it was awesome out in the desert.
Thanks for the input. i voted against copying a kit for the very reason everyone else said i shouldnt. but a lot of want to build my own kit comes not from saving money but the fact that i want to build my truck up. not just install a bunch of parts(not that theres anything wrong with that). im not planning on building an LT kit for a while cause im not too confident in my beads yet but ill get there. And if a mid travel kit would be a safer bet in fabricating something myself ill look more into that.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #31
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Shhhhhhhhh! You'll ruin the surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Cool. You should also subscribe to these threads:

Mid Travel BS

Long Travel BS
One more for good measure:

LT Info