DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Interested in LT fab/install.. around Modesto, CA??

Old 08-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
Clzay is on a distinguished road
Name: Clay
Clzay's Tacoma Gallery
Interested in LT fab/install.. around Modesto, CA??

Hello everyone, I'm looking into doing a LT set-up for my 2010 DCSB prerunner and wanted to see if there were any good trust worthy shops that know what works to do the fab work, set me up with the right valving, ect...?? I'm outta Modesto, CA an in no hurry to buy, but thought I might try finding a shop local or close by before heading down south. thanks
Old 08-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
There seem to be a lot of "show" truck shops around here, but I haven't heard of any real race shops. Maybe someone else knows of one.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #3
Clzay's Tacoma Gallery
yes this is true very many lifted lame trucks .. I would just like to get some first hand talk/advise without having to drive an leave my truck down south while I ride a train home ha
Old 08-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Haha yeah there are way too many lame trucks. I have been slowly just building mine up myself. You might have seen it around town? White, roof rack with lights, front and rear bumpers, recent front long travel
Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Having lived there for 8 years, pretty confident in saying you're not going to find a good fab shop there. You may find some guys that can weld, and some guys that can bend tube, and some mechanic monkeys, but not any real fabricators that I'm aware of.
I can help you with valving if you want a starting point. The rest is on the fly tuning based on how the truck is handling.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #6
Clzay's Tacoma Gallery
cool thanks, but being the lack of shops to do some fab work around here I'm pry just going to do Defined bolt on rear kit, with extended shock hoops and a nice mild travel set-up in the front
Old 01-24-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
yotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to all

Name: Alex
yotas4life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clzay View Post
cool thanks, but being the lack of shops to do some fab work around here I'm pry just going to do Defined bolt on rear kit, with extended shock hoops and a nice mild travel set-up in the front
Theres actually a shop around here that did my front setup on my taco. His name is brandon and the shop name is upnorth innovations!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #8
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
take the truck down to socal...dont do the defined kit honestly...get the dmz kit! everyone get rid of the defined kit..i have it and certainly wish i had something else.