DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long travel setup questions for slow crawling

Old 09-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #21
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Curie U-bolt Bash plates. Slide right over anything:

yes I know that....the front arc of the leaf
Old 09-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #22
sirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sirhk100's Tacoma Gallery
I built some plates like these TC ones for under my exploder to help get the u-bolts tucked up higher. Now basically the bottom of my pack is the lowest part and the rocks just kinda bang their way down it as needed. LOL

Old 09-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #23
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Still has to be a away to achieve "near" both performance.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #24
Shadowe30 is on a distinguished road
Name: Colin
Shadowe30's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Some really badass LT setups.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #25
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
yes I know that....the front arc of the leaf
Link it then ha
Old 09-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #26
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
Link it then ha

LOL, that's the other truck...

ya links would be fun, however not too keen on dragging links over the rocks...
Old 09-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #27
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:

Dragging links works for the KOH buggies
Old 09-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #28
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Dragging links works for the KOH buggies

hmm, never really thought of it that way, true.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #29
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Build them strong and don't worry about it. I drag my links over everything they work great at keeping your drive line out of the rock.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #30
Banned
LOL, indeed, kinda got off track( drooling over linked trucks), the truck pulls a small expo trailer and a small amount of weight.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #31
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
My truck handles the rocks really well. It's my width that limits me. I've had to turn back from trails simply because my tires were slipping off the edge of the cliff.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #32
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
My truck handles the rocks really well. It's my width that limits me. I've had to turn back from trails simply because my tires were slipping off the edge of the cliff.
You Havnt experienced the potential of your truck yet on the rocks in my opinion..we should cruise over to calico and explore inside the big mine. I'll take you on some fun rocky trails to get to it!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #33
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL, indeed, kinda got off track( drooling over linked trucks), the truck pulls a small expo trailer and a small amount of weight.
I tow a 17ft Bass boat over Donner summit with no issues linked front and rear. It's a different setup then you guys would do but it's linked and tows a boat.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #34
Banned
I havent really had an issue "yet" with width, although I think youre wider then I am, its the more a bit of towing, crawling and a fun in the des all wrapped up in one package.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #35
Banned
Quote:
You Havnt experienced the potential of your truck yet on the rocks in my opinion..we should cruise over to calico and explore inside the big mine. I'll take you on some fun rocky trails to get to it!

gatekeeper...
Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #36
Power Top

Quote:
gatekeeper...
That's an optional section that is big gnar gnar and only for built crawlers...there's a video of me making it look easy in my monkeycrawler...need to find it
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #37
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Been looking into this as well. I think a 3.5" kit would be too wide to run most trails here in CO. But at the same time if I was going to spend the $$ on LT I would want to get as much travel as possible.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #38
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
To put it simply, there is pretty much not a single thing that leafs are better at that links. Towing really heavy loads might be the only exception
Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #39
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i should technically have skid plates before doing any crawling!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #40
Banned
Quote:
That's an optional section that is big gnar gnar and only for built crawlers...there's a video of me making it look easy in my monkeycrawler...need to find it

watched it this morning getting ready for work