1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Questions on rear LT or MT setup?

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by austinramsay, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Sep 13, 2013 at 7:10 PM
    austinramsay

austinramsay [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Yuma, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma TRD Doublecab
    Just bought an 02 trd taco and ive been reading around on rear setups. I have a few questions though. For a spring under conversion, what exactly do you need? And what conversion kit is available for an 02? I know i need the springs, shocks, but what about shackles? Anything else? Why do you need different size shackles? How do you know what size shock to get? Or if i didnt wanna spend that much money could i just do bolt on 8 leaf deavers with a good pair of rear shocks and a cage? What else would be required for an MT setup like that? Sorry for all the questions but im just starting to learn all this!

2. Sep 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    Check out Anthony250 build he's got a really good rear setup

3. Sep 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    davidjmay

davidjmay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Orange County/Azusa
    Vehicle:
    '00 PreRunner
    Pioneer HU & door speakers, Alpine type R, Kicker dx1000.1, OME 883 lift, Wheelers 2" AAL, custom mesh grille, smoked LED taillights, LED light bar, Raptor exhaust dumped before axle, custom fabbed roll bar/light bar mount
    I've been doing some research into this as well. Anthony250 has a pretty nice MT rear setup, but what you're talking about SUA is LT. As far as I know, the longer shackles are so that the mounts for the springs move when the springs compress, therefore articulating more travel out of the springs.

As far as your idea with the Deaver pack, I don't see why you would cage it if you aren't going SUA... at that point might as well go with a nice MT setup (like Anthony's)

Check out this link for more info on LT (more specifically, the section about rear setups)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lo...-considering-long-travel-read-here-first.html

4. Sep 13, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    Supermoto

Supermoto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Fallbrook

Products Discussed in

To Top