DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Questions on rear LT or MT setup?

Old 09-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Questions on rear LT or MT setup?

Just bought an 02 trd taco and ive been reading around on rear setups. I have a few questions though. For a spring under conversion, what exactly do you need? And what conversion kit is available for an 02? I know i need the springs, shocks, but what about shackles? Anything else? Why do you need different size shackles? How do you know what size shock to get? Or if i didnt wanna spend that much money could i just do bolt on 8 leaf deavers with a good pair of rear shocks and a cage? What else would be required for an MT setup like that? Sorry for all the questions but im just starting to learn all this!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
I've been doing some research into this as well. Anthony250 has a pretty nice MT rear setup, but what you're talking about SUA is LT. As far as I know, the longer shackles are so that the mounts for the springs move when the springs compress, therefore articulating more travel out of the springs.

As far as your idea with the Deaver pack, I don't see why you would cage it if you aren't going SUA... at that point might as well go with a nice MT setup (like Anthony's)

Check out this link for more info on LT (more specifically, the section about rear setups)

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ere-first.html
Old 09-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the MT rear setup I built for my brother. It works really really well.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ner-build.html