Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

ORI STRUTS

Old 11-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Millertime22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Shawn Miller
Millertime22's Tacoma Gallery
ORI STRUTS

does anyone have ori struts in a LT 2nd Gen Taco ? im thinking of buying some ori struts and really am curious of what people think. i think its alot cleaner . and some people say they work way better then coilovers and they are lighter and no bump stops and there about the same price. thanks
Old 11-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
First welcome to TW, I have seen them on crawlers, jeeps and such have yet to see them on a long travel desert vehicle(s). BAMF carry's them and uses them I believe.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...able-bamf.html
Old 11-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Yeah ive seen them on crawlers aswell , just there soo badass looking , im really badgering on getting them instead of coilovers i just dont wanna kick myself if i hate themm
Old 11-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #5
You guys think it wont workkk well???
Old 11-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #7
Well i live in canada so not really so much desert , but eventually i will be yeas
Old 11-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #8
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
IIRC, they did a test with them vs quadruple bipass kings, and they performed better and stayed cooler.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
They have not really been tested too much on IFS Tacoma's at hight speeds they work very well on the road and crawling with IFS we have just yet to test them with LT on our end. KOH trucks run them at high speeds but they are much lighter then our trucks. There is one guys on TTORA with LT running them but I haven't heard any feed back on them.

That said on my solid axle rig they handle nice at speed soaking up the whoops nice (Well the ones I take no desert here) But 60+ on rough roads with 3' whoops that send you air born they take it nice
Old 11-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #11
Then id imagine they would work very good then , ive heardd nothing but good things about them and how much better they are then coilovers and what nott soo its a tuff decision cause they look soo badass
Old 11-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #13
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime22 View Post
Then id imagine they would work very good then , ive heardd nothing but good things about them and how much better they are then coilovers and what nott soo its a tuff decision cause they look soo badass
I wouldn't base your decision on looks, go with what will work for your needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Hmm interesting . Link?
I will find it, I saw a link in Jerry's thread which took me to another website.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:29 AM   #14
Well its just a positive that they look good , like i said everyone that ive talked too has said nothing but good things
Old 11-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #16
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
They'll probably work for you then. For true desert running if stick with co's. Some of the disadvantages with these would be possible shock fade or loss of pressure. There is no coilover to hold up the truck.
They don't have fading issues as much as you would think they stay very cool. The loss of pressure issue is still there for sure but you would have to brake something for that to happen.

Would I race them on a Tacoma IFS i don't think so. Would I run them on my weekend toy sure would. If you ran a duel set up with ORI's with LT I think they would run awesome once you get them tuned.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #17
Well i dont hit the desert all the time but if i came down there and wanted to hit the desert you think it will be okay for some minor jumping ? Hahah and mob threw some whoops
Old 11-05-2013, 08:39 AM   #18
BRING INFRA BACK
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime22 View Post
Well i dont hit the desert all the time but if i came down there and wanted to hit the desert you think it will be okay for some minor jumping ? Hahah and mob threw some whoops
you should be able to bash them as hard as you want, like he said above KOH rigs race through boulders the size of busses with them.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #19
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
They don't have fading issues as much as you would think they stay very cool. The loss of pressure issue is still there for sure but you would have to brake something for that to happen.

Would I race them on a Tacoma IFS i don't think so. Would I run them on my weekend toy sure would. If you ran a duel set up with ORI's with LT I think they would run awesome once you get them tuned.
Yeah I believe it. Air shocks have been around forever. If they can hang out at the hammers I'm sure they'll also work for most others here. Not sure about a trophy truck running 100's of desert miles though. My truck rides fine with coilovers so I don't see trying them.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #20
I orderd my camburg LT kit yesterday and im juat stuck between ordering the ori's or ordering king 2.5x8" coilovers , i have icons right noww there pretty good, just want more travel , and the oris have that haha but so do the coilovers , but ive heard alot of great things about the oris and alot of people telling me to try thenm soo thats why im just seeing what you guys think , thanks alot guys !