DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long travel 5 lug on craigslist

Old 11-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CIVILIAN/ E-5
Name: Jess
jmarquez808's Tacoma Gallery
Long travel 5 lug on craigslist

Hey guys saw this locally on craigslist. Making me wanna pull out a loan for this new toy. Don't know a lot about long travel and total chaos but seems popular. Any thoughts on this truck just from reading the ad? No good pictures

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/4150514226.html
Old 11-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
No link ?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Link?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
I've always liked that truck, saw the vids of it on YouTube
Old 11-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
The specs look clean, 4.88s and a locker for the rear. I wonder if there are any gussets anywhere
Old 11-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
id need to see pics of the actual work.
he says TC built it but i bet hes full of ish
Old 11-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
Large Member
jmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmarquez808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post
id need to see pics of the actual work.
he says TC built it but i bet hes full of ish
I'm thinking the same because obviously this truck is in Hawaii chances of that happening are slim lol. The whole engine replacement thing worries me a but also. If there is 71000 on the truck and 46000 on a new motor? Around 24000 there was an engine replacement? Lol I donno sounds weird
Old 11-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
Large Member

Seller sent me another pic.

also have this info on text when I asked about gussets and I quote:

"The bottom of the bumper ties the lower a Arms mounts together ."

not 100% on what that means lol. But day um I want this truck.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndA57L_w0a0
Old 11-10-2013, 01:28 PM   #13
Large Member

Only ring I don't understand, and remember I don't know a lot about long travel just always been a fan of these trucks, is how do 5 lug two wheel drives get by? Wouldn't you want 4 wheel drive for this type of truck or is it because it's meant for racing and not worrying about getting stuck. Sorry if these are dumb questions.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Locker and keep your foot on the skinny pedal.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #15
surfermatt is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
surfermatt's Tacoma Gallery
Im pretty sure i know the current owner, its not a scam or anything. I think it was built by total chaos, later auctioned off on ebay and shipped to him from either cali or vegas, I forget.

They probably put the motor in before they sold it to him. Either way oahu has no place to drive it to its potential but it still would be really really fun. I say go for it. The owner is always buying and selling unique items for good deals.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #16
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfermatt View Post
Im pretty sure i know the current owner, its not a scam or anything. I think it was built by total chaos, later auctioned off on ebay and shipped to him from either cali or vegas, I forget.

They probably put the motor in before they sold it to him. Either way oahu has no place to drive it to its potential but it still would be really really fun. I say go for it. The owner is always buying and selling unique items for good deals.
No he didn't seem like he was scamming or anything. I just don't know a lot ab out these trucks and trying to gather info and see others opinions. Yah I'm thinking about selling my taco for it 8) or my streetbike. Working out the details. From the couple pics I saw so far the truck looks exactly like the one on their website!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquez808 View Post
No he didn't seem like he was scamming or anything. I just don't know a lot about these trucks and trying to gather info and see others opinions. Yah I'm thinking about selling my taco for it 8) or my streetbike. Working out the details. From the couple pics I saw so far the truck looks exactly like the one on their website!
im 99% sure it is the one on their website

I think his name is Chris if I remember right, cool guy. I think its a really good deal. Clean daily driver!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
Large Member

good to know. I actually wanna know how it will do as a daily. Im actually super tired of dodginf huge potholes and all this fucked up stuff on our roads. This would make me very happy not veering left and right and just pounding through this stuff. IM talking like potholes that break control arms on our HIGHWAYS!!!!! lol Read some of the lt info on this site. Seems like a lot of lt builds are really loud and noisy as dailys im wondering if this little taco, since it was built by total chaos might be pretty decent as a daily not super loud and creaky. I drive a lowered truck so obviously i know about weird noises ha ha. Just dont want to live in regret. Thanks for all the help so far everybody thats why i love this place lol
Old 11-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #20

I know, the roads there are crap.... you wont have to worry about potholes and stuff anymore but the noise is subjective. Go for a drive in it and let us know!